Thread: Questions On How Your Office Work With Frames That Aren't Selling

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused Questions On How Your Office Work With Frames That Aren't Selling

So our office has a sitatuation that I would like to figure out if this is true or if it's just the frame representative trying to bring in another one of their brands.

Our office isn't selling one of our brands well under a company and we had asked if we can just send back the frames for a negative balance in our account instead of exchanging them for a whole new brand that they carry. We had asked for the negative balance because we already carry 2 other brands with the company anyway and the negative balance will eventually go away through the process of ordering frames from the other brands that they carry that we already have in stock. I've seen this done before so I was confused when our frame representative had told us that it's not possible and that we would have to do an exact equal exchange to take out the brand that's not moving and we would have to exchange for another brand that they carry. Our frame representative had also said since the WFC of the frames that we're trying to get rid of is high we would be required to order about 100-130 frames to make it an equal exchange.

Has anyone ever run into this problem before and how were you able to get yourself out of that sticky situation?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Trade them dollar for dollar.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's been my experience this past year (after walking into a mess with a TON of extra inventory and way too many lines IMO) that this depends entirely on the company and the rep. I have had one or 2 tell me what you've described but I've had others that have been great to work with and have helped me whittle down to a more manageable inventory that actually sells. If you have any questions about the actual company's policy contact the reps boss (the regional manager). I have one REALLY pushy rep that I have decided I'm no longer going to work with so now I'm just selling her lines off-but her colleague with the same company is fantastic to work with so I plan on expanding with her. If all else fails, discount those lines and get them outta there.

Thread Information