No announcement yet.

Drill mount with huge bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a Mr Blue edger that I train students on @ the a local Opticianry school. I did a mock shape to show how to resolve this issue. Not exactly square but custom shape allowing for extended lens section for bridge mount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0840.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	870009
    Last edited by PRECISIONLAB; 09-14-2019, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Yep, that's exactly what I was talking about except I imagined the 'tab' to be lower down and smaller, and of course the shape to be squarer.

This is the best solution.

Comment

Oh and the same tab on the other side for symmetry

Comment

s

Originally posted by PRECISIONLAB View Post
          I have a Mr Blue edger that I train students on @ the a local Opticianry school. I did a mock shape to show how to resolve this issue. Not exactly square but custom shape allowing for extended lens section for bridge mount.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14473[/ATTACH]
          Awesome! Perfectly SQUARE just like the original poster asked for. Well done!

Not only is it a poor solution, it would look totally ridiculous. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Quig View Post
            Awesome! Perfectly SQUARE just like the original poster asked for. Well done!

Not only is it a poor solution, it would look totally ridiculous. Nice work.
            Why not square but tilt it +/- 20.

Comment

Cant you just position the holes lower so the lenses sit a little higher on the patients face?
              Shuron makes a 23mm bridge for the Regis 2 frame.

Comment

Working...
              X