Or maybe I am a dick.

If I get one more call from Costco or Warby because their McTicians can't fill my Rxs, I'm going to go nuclear, yet again.

Nth case in point:
I get a call from a patient (a physician, no less) because Warby "can't fill your Rx because you prescribed in increments that they can't use. They use 'quarters'. I was wondering if you can (insert some stupid euphemism for change which I don't remember) YOUR Rx."

So I call Warby Brick and Mortar Inc.:
"No we can only fill 1/4D."
"Do you not have licensed opticians on staff?"
"We do."
"Is this not within ansi tolerances, anyway?"
"We only fill 1/4D steps".
"Well, then, I only write in 1/8D steps, and I'm not 'adjusting' the prescription so you can fill it to your randomly-chosen, dumbed-down standards."

I'm sure cheap-o Warby is going to sell the patient some lame lens, but what if they tout some stupid digital design with 0.1 D accuracy on surfacing? POINTLESS. What if Warby or Costco or WalMart decide they only like 1/2D steps? Then what?

What if the online CL suppliers "only supply the 8.4 Acuvue Oasys"? Then am I supposed to deal with that crap, too?

Fill...my...damn...prescriptions...and...quit...calling...my ...office.

Or,

Choose...whether...you...want...your...vision...care...from. ..your...optometrist...or...a...website.

(And don't get me started about the "we don't make computer glasses from prescriptions...call your doctor to write one"!)