Skin allergy to spring hinge box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin allergy to spring hinge box

I made a kid a nice pair of sporty, mirrored-lens, wrap sunglasses he wears for baseball. Unfortunately he's reacting to the spring hinge box on the temples.

Is there any cute ideas? Spray coating? Acrylic nail stuff? Shrink wrap? The temple is kinda thick.

It's a RioRay Boca.

I would try 4 layers of acrylic nail stuff, I'm always scared when people are that sensitive off the bat to a new frame though, worth a shot though but could be a remake incoming

Comment

Sounds like this job needs to be remade in another frame pronto.
      I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Andrew: WRONG ANSWER!!!! I don't like remakes. (Seriously, these glasses are now a bit "experienced".)

I will try acrylic.

Thank you (except Andrew).

Comment

Is the metal actually touching him?

Comment

Apparently. They arrived with a scotch tape job.

Comment

can you not open them so that the metal doesn't touch him?

Comment

Go ahead and paint the hinges with phlogiston but before you jump through a bunch of hoops and waste a lot of time and money you might suggest a consult with a dermatologist.
                Dick

www.aerovisiontech.com

Comment

I would cover them with a few layers of clear nail polish. Let that dry and then if pt is cool with it cover it with clear or black heat shrink.

Comment

There's always the option of wrapping the pt's head in 6-8 layers of Duct Tape. Glasses can't get through such an effective force field. (Neither can rebel scum!) I find that to be quite effective.

Comment

Anyone know what the material is. Is it some type of vinyl or nylon? Is the hinge poorly plated nickel?

Is it out-gassing or contact dermatitis?

Comment

More info: kid has known nickel allergy. We just must have thought it didn't touch enough, but apparently it does.

Comment

I'd probably just eat it an remake into a new frame, that stinks but kids and allergies I don't play around

Comment

Working...
                          X