Hey guys,

I have some questions again for you guys since you know a lot more about optics than i do and i like to learn more about the field so here we go.

To give a quick rundown of my workspace:
We are using a tv screen which adjusts the sneller charts accordingly to the amount of distance you fill in the system. So the closer you fill in, the smaller the snelles chart letters become.
I currently perform refractions at 3.25meters which translates to 10.67 Feet.
The phoroptor an Essilor APH550.
Our clients are mostly in their 20's. Only about 10% multifocal of all our sales.

Before i worked at my current place i always used to perform refractions at 6 meters (19.69 feet) using a mirror.
I learned that you need to use this distance to minimize accommodative impact.

A guy from maintenance came over and mentioned that the room is very small and the tv too close to the seat.

1) What is the impact of this? Should i try and get this changed to a mirror setup? This is going to to cost some money (not my money lol) so i'm not sure if they would comply. But i wonder if the implications of using this distance are severe or will the Tv compensate partially?

and one more question.

I have been using Humpriss method (fogging) but since we have 20 mins for the refraction, and i have to explain additional stuff, make an account etc. I was told by a co-worker to use pola duochrome (probably using the wrong word) instead. To save time and focus on practising using the slit-lamp.

2) Is the pola duochrome enough or are there any other suggestions from you guys to try and minize accommodating in my current work setup?

Thanks for reading, appreciate any feedback.

Pardon any spelling errors.