Lenses For Professional Pilot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbaker View Post
    And then put him in a FT-28 or 35. I speak from personal experience.
    +1 to this. I've fit a few pilots and they never like a PAL, it's redo city. FT all the way.

Comment

I've never had any issues whatsoever with my PAL's when flying. Nor any polar lens. Ever. (I'm strictly GA mind you.) *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Uilleann View Post
        I've never had any issues whatsoever with my PAL's when flying. Nor any polar lens. Ever. (I'm strictly GA mind you.) *shrug*
        I've never had a problem either but then i"m sitting in row 88C

Comment

I agree with most. Even with a wider design like Shamir or Varilux, they likely would have to get used to turning their head. FT28 would probably be best. He can have them fitted with intermediate add if near reading is not needed on the job (I don't know, I'm not a pilot).

Comment

Pilot Lenses

Contact me. I have access to specialty lenses made specifically for Pilots. Intermediate TOP, Distance (W. Chemistre Clip), Intermediate Lower and a Near ADD.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilot.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	869999

Comment

Contact me (kevinw@eyeVOC.com). I have Specialty Lenses for Pilots.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilot.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	870000

Comment

Originally posted by kdw613 View Post
                Contact me (kevinw@eyeVOC.com). I have Specialty Lenses for Pilots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]14457[/ATTACH]
                OR contact Quest Vision Care where you pilfered that image from, and presumably where you get your specialty lenses from. Come on man. If you are going to shill, at least shill your own stuff.

Comment

You are correct, I have used Quest for Pilot Lenses (and others). So many here are working for Chains and have nowhere to get them. So yes, call me a shill if you need too.

Originally posted by Kwill212 View Post
                  OR contact Quest Vision Care where you pilfered that image from, and presumably where you get your specialty lenses from. Come on man. If you are going to shill, at least shill your own stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by kdw613 View Post
                    You are correct, I have used Quest for Pilot Lenses (and others). So many here are working for Chains and have nowhere to get them. So yes, call me a shill if you need too.
                    Optiboard is about sharing experiences, knowledge ,and resources with other like minded optical professionals. To dig up an old post for the sole purpose of telling us you have specialty lenses for pilots is pretty shilly. It would be bad enough if that's all it was, but to take someone else's work, Quest, and pass it off as your own, is downright unprofessional. Your original post could have said:

"I have used Quest Optical lab in FL for pilot lenses before. They are able to provide very complex lenses for unique situations. You should contact Michael Walach for more information, he does great work. Here is his website and contact info."

That would have been a much more professional post.

Comment

With a patient that I have I even tried Varilux X series personalized with sapphire A/R. And he is very very happy with them. The only problem is that they are very expensive.

Comment

At the risk of Quill's wrath, and whoever wants to take credit for them - that looks like a mightily complicated solution. If it so pleases the Board - I'd like to know what this lens fixes and how? Nothing ad hominem. Pilots are difficult, those lenses seem difficult. Quest knows their stuff. Trying to wrap my head around the kitchen sink solution.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason H View Post
                          At the risk of Quill's wrath
                          Spell my name again wrong and my wrath you shall have!! I kid.

Originally posted by Jason H View Post
                          and whoever wants to take credit for them - that looks like a mightily complicated solution. If it so pleases the Board - I'd like to know what this lens fixes and how? Nothing ad hominem. Pilots are difficult, those lenses seem difficult. Quest knows their stuff. Trying to wrap my head around the kitchen sink solution.
                          If you mean how does that previous picture posted fix the problem for the helicopter pilot, it doesn't. It was just a promotional photo of a pilot that poster took from someone else's website and slapped it up on optiboard. I'm sure Quest could come up with a lens for this helicopter pilot but it wouldn't look like that picture. That photo if for airline pilots. Top seg mid distance for overhead gauges, middle distance with a sun clip for out the window, middle trifocals seg for forward gauges and bottom near seg for reading navigation charts/iPad.

Comment

*delete
                            Last edited by Kwill212; 03-19-2021, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X