Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Essilor Kappa - tracer problem

Hello,
    I have a problem with tracer essilor kappa. The slider falls during scanning. Has anyone tried to deal with the problem by themselves? I know this is a glitch for the service technician but maybe someone has dealt with this without the help of the essilor service?
    I am also looking for the manual of this equipment, does anyone have such?

What do you mean by "slider"? is it the tracing pin? If so, I find that if it's a wrap frame I have to push down on the temples during the trace to sort of flatten the front momentarily. Also, sometimes there's a flaw, maybe a drop of solder in the frame bevel or a screw is loose in which case you may be able to fix it or you may need to dot up the sample lens and trace it.

Comment

It just occurred to me you may mean the shelf that you set the frame into which then clamps down on the frame. There are a few frames that those clamps won't hold and I have hold that "slider" really hard so it won't slip.

Comment

The user's guide is 234 pages long; no one would want to do all that scanning. Call Essilor 855-393-4647 option 3 to order one.

Comment

yes, "slider" is it "tracing pin" :)
          replacing the entire item (as in the picture) helped. The bearings have worn out.
          Pressing the frame so that the pin does not fall is a solution but it distorts the 3D measurement.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191010_140819.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	870022

Comment

Working...
          X