Thread: Nanovista

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Nanovista

Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with Nanovista frames and high cyl? I'd love to bring the line in but the optometrist I work for is worried that the silicone won't hold the lenses in straight and will therefore affect the correction. I've sold a lot of these but never to kids with high cyl (just didn't pass my desk!). They worked great for high plus and high minus.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Bump!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone have experience with Nanovista frames and high cyl? I'd love to bring the line in but the optometrist I work for is worried that the silicone won't hold the lenses in straight and will therefore affect the correction. I've sold a lot of these but never to kids with high cyl (just didn't pass my desk!). They worked great for high plus and high minus.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Trina View Post
    Hi all,

Hi, I've dispensed a lot of these frames and they're actually our best selling kids line, the highest cyl I remember doing off the top of my head was -4.75 which had to be surfaced in 1.67. As long as you choose the appropriate material given the power of the RX there shouldn't be an issue. In our office for kids I only do Trivex and 1.67 so that really helps. I also do all edging and assembly myself too so I have a lot of first hand experience with this brand.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    They are great and there are no downsides to the brand.

Thread Information