Luxotica now has interest in JnJ's contact lens division. I believe the number one selling brand of contact lens world-wide-- Oasys, with the launch of Oasys with Transitions. They seem to have applied the strategy of strong proprietary branding and technology to give them an unfair advantage in the market again.

Though, with vertical integration and direct to consumer capability, their involvement with JnJ is probably not a long term goal. They are likely already involved with other contact lens companies or will be, as this technology becomes licensed to other members of the CLMA, but competitors are litigated. If we observe the optical lens market and its licensing of transitions to each optical lens manufacturer, we can see they will have control in every channel.

If they are allowed to continue to operate online, without licensing, and without professionals being allowed a viable alternative channel, Luxotica will also control eye care professionals, and: the standard of care; quality of fit/service; variety of price, and options, our patients receive, by gradually decreasing competition in this market too.

In my opinion, we, we can't stop internet dispensing, but we must be held to the same standards. The longer this drags on, the weaker, independents become.....

Ps. Shout out to Chris Ryser, sir, I would buy you a beer.