Thread: Optical Shop Management Software or Organization suggestions?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Optical Shop Management Software or Organization suggestions?

Hello optiboarders...

So, the long and short of it is that I'm currently running a small family owned optical shop that my dad and I have run for nearish 40 years. We are a well known, and respected little shop and have a finishing lab with a couple edgers and at this point I run it all. Our paperwork, inventory management, ordering, billing, etc all feels just about that old and definitely that outdated. I'm spending waaaaaaaayyy too much time chasing my tail keeping things organized and am looking for any suggestions on how update and hopefully streamline things a bit. Up until recently there were 3 of us. Now, it's just me and it's just a helluva lot of work. I recently opened an account with a lab that I can order uncuts online via their website (I hate visionweb and haven't tried Rxwizard) but I've been blown away by how nice it is to be able to track orders online and monitor jobs without wasting half my day on the phone. I've searched online and done all kinds of homework for practice management software and the only one I found that really interested me was prohibitively expensive.

I'm kind of at a loss at them moment and just plain feel I'm working way too damn hard. I'm stubborn, and I do not want to hire someone right now as I'd rather get things organized and get new systems in place and THEN hire someone when I know specifically what I'm hiring them to do.

Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Hello Quig, I am not sure of the price, but we use Maxim-Eyes by First Insight. It integrates well with Frames Data for inventory management. (It really saves me time and increases accuracy). Plus you can search it just about any way that you can think of to track productivity or even if a job is over due. You can also submit orders directly to most labs after you input it into the system.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jasons View Post
    Hello Quig, I am not sure of the price, but we use Maxim-Eyes by First Insight. It integrates well with Frames Data for inventory management. (It really saves me time and increases accuracy). Plus you can search it just about any way that you can think of to track productivity or even if a job is over due. You can also submit orders directly to most labs after you input it into the system.
    Thank you for the suggestion. I don't recall that one in particular in all my homework so I'll have a look at it(again?) and see what I think.

Thread Information