Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Progressive lens problem

  1. #1
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    2

    Progressive lens problem

    My new customer wore Adaptar before, I dispensed her with Natural and she has problem looking down to the ground which appears deeper than its really is, what seem to be the problem and correction needed. Thanks

  2. #2
    Master OptiBoarder AngeHamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    1,875
    What are the old and new RXes? Is the new frame significantly deeper or shallower than her old one? Has the pantoscopic tilt changed?
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

  3. #3
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Canada
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    What are the old and new RXes? Is the new frame significantly deeper or shallower than her old one? Has the pantoscopic tilt changed?
    The old rx is around +2.50 ou for distant, new one is around plano.
    new frame is deeper, I did change pantoscopic tilt but no luck.
    Thanks

  4. #4
    Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Maryland
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Posts
    824
    Quote Originally Posted by instyle View Post
    The old rx is around +2.50 ou for distant, new one is around plano.
    new frame is deeper, I did change pantoscopic tilt but no luck.
    Thanks
    There is a significant change in RX, and this begs a question. Implant? +2.50 to near plano should be a red flag. Also, I would guess that the there is an add power difference. If so, there may not be much you can do other than having your patient learn to accommodate.
    There are BC differences, add power differences, distance power differences and frame DIMS differences. This is a perfect storm. Panto will do nothing. Face form might, as will patience and time. One other thing to look at is prism thinning. Did the old RX have some BD prism at the MRP? What is the prism on the new ones?
    I bend light. That is what I do.

  5. #5
    Master OptiBoarder AngeHamm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Posts
    1,875
    Quote Originally Posted by lensmanmd View Post
    There is a significant change in RX, and this begs a question. Implant? +2.50 to near plano should be a red flag. Also, I would guess that the there is an add power difference. If so, there may not be much you can do other than having your patient learn to accommodate.
    There are BC differences, add power differences, distance power differences and frame DIMS differences. This is a perfect storm. Panto will do nothing. Face form might, as will patience and time. One other thing to look at is prism thinning. Did the old RX have some BD prism at the MRP? What is the prism on the new ones?
    What is the reason for such a drastic RX change? That's not a routine variation.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

  6. #6
    Master OptiBoarder CCGREEN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Emerald Coast of Florida
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    890
    Quote Originally Posted by instyle View Post
    The old rx is around +2.50 ou for distant, new one is around plano.
    new frame is deeper, I did change pantoscopic tilt but no luck.
    Thanks
    Cat Sx?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Progressive problem
    By opti-refractonator in forum Progressive Lens Discussion Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 12:00 PM
  2. Progressive problem
    By optocarol in forum Progressive Lens Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-23-2009, 03:20 AM
  3. First time progressive problem with +2.50 add
    By Happylady in forum Progressive Lens Discussion Forum
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 02-01-2007, 09:53 PM
  4. Problem in dispensing PROGRESSIVE lenses
    By sudhanshubhasin in forum Progressive Lens Discussion Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-11-2006, 09:38 AM
  5. Progressive Problem
    By Leo M in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 05:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment