Thread: Any of you guys in Austin TX or close by?

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Any of you guys in Austin TX or close by?

I get tons of E-M's from people wanting advice and I got one this morning a guy has had 5 (FIVE) remakes in the last 6 months.. he is an emerging presbyop, with amblyopia moderate myop with a fair amount of astigmatism and he was sold a DRILL job right off the bat(small frame).. when he had a hard time wearing them they cut his add power by a 1/3 to help with "distortion" in the distance (?) This guy has been put through the mill.. Sometimes I'm almost ashamed of our field with some of the **** that is pulled over on some people..oh and the part I found was interesting was he was told he was getting a titanium, found out that it was stainless steel.. and the "optician" said the frame company told them a lie about the "frame"..is it me or can anyone not tell the difference between a stainless steel and a titanium?
    I would think this guy does not mind dropping a good amount of money, since his original order was Grad. tops and a drill mount frame.
    Any of you guys that are close to Austin or in Austin and want to get passed along feel free to post and I'll pass a long the information...

Jeff"sometimes I'm down right disgusted with people in optics"Trail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jeff...

Send this poor guy my way! I am in Austin, Texas....poor fellow!

I will help him to the best of my ability!! And...I won't tell him he has titanium when it's stainless! :bbg:
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Jana,

Gee you were slow to respond :) .. this guy dropped a BUNDLE on his two jobs ..drill mounts high index SV and a pair with a PAL..close to a $1,000.00 ... here is his E-M bluesky@tropicalstorm.com ...he is already trying another one but he may need help (sounds like it from his E-M) if anything it is a good way to get him to come in, even if it is afterwards and you can help with any advice, adjustments ets., etc. .. than the NEXT time you get that sale!!
    He is only a moderate myop with a slightly high cyl. .. Don't say I never steered any biz your way..coming from one Dem. to another :)

Jeff "nice to spread the wealth on the board" Trail

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sorry about the slowness of my response...I haven't been on this board in ages!! I know...slap my wrist!! Bad girl!

I will e-mail this person and invite him to come by with any adjustments that he may need!

Thanks for steering a customer towards me...I too will try to return the favor one day!!

Thanks Jeff!!

P.S Two yellowdogs....were strong!!! :)
    Jana Lewis
    ABOC , NCLE

A fine quotation is a diamond on the finger of a man of wit, and a pebble in the hand of a fool.
    Joseph Roux

Thread Information