Thread: What does everyone think of Shamir Autograpgh Intelligence

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused What does everyone think of Shamir Autograpgh Intelligence

I'm getting two different feedbacks on Shamir AI: great lens wider and sharper vision then, by 3 patients saying the lens makes them dizzy... What do you all think of the new Shamir Autograph Intelligence???

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I just got a pair today. Quite impressed. Wearing them right now as I type in bed on my laptop. I have a 2.00 add. Softer design than my Zeiss Ind 2's. Low swim, low peripheral astigmatism. Good intermediate vision at 1 to 2 m. Felt great instant I put them on. Zeiss probably slightly more reading, but Shamir better intermediate and I imagine easier adaptation for most people.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is something about my pair that isn't as comfortable as my Auto3 with the exact same frame model, fitting height, etc.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I dispensed AI to my patient as a replacement of A3 which was on the exact same frame same parameter and same power. However, what the patient experienced is that the reading area seems to be longer than its predecessor,(he needed to gaze down more than he usually did.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm waiting for the Autograph 4 or the Autograph Superior Intelligence to be released as the next no doubt game changing new paradigm in progressive lens design.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I'm waiting for the Autograph 4 or the Autograph Superior Intelligence to be released as the next no doubt game changing new paradigm in progressive lens design.
    I literally laughed at my desk after reading this. And the office was super quiet, so it was really awkward.

WRT OP, Intelligence has performed well at our office. We use it as a go-to digital lens for first PAL wearers. I also move a lot of Varilux (specifically Physio and S-design) patients to it with success. As with any digital custom PAL of the new generation, the position of wear measurements are very important to actually use and be correct. As long as you're fitting it correctly, it should work well for a lot of people.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    OptiBoard Silver Supporter

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I use the Auto Intel when I think the particular lens I'm dispensing could benefit from checking design formula against metadata.

Definitely be prepared for oh my gosh its so good and not good at all reactions. Don't use as a one lens software for all design, the tech isn't there - yet

I have found it works REALLY well with low distance RX latent hyperopes with emerging presbyopia, but so does the intouch

If meta data and AI was even close to perfect we would all have kiosks at malls or home delivery services to adjust frames because thats all there would be left for us to do.

Don't fear the singularity, be the john connor against the terminator. Even John Connor would avail himself of the best technological weapons and use them in a way that his AI enemies can't.
    Last edited by Tallboy; 08-17-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Thread Information