Thread: What does everyone think of Shamir Autograpgh Intelligence

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Confused What does everyone think of Shamir Autograpgh Intelligence

I'm getting two different feedbacks on Shamir AI: great lens wider and sharper vision then, by 3 patients saying the lens makes them dizzy... What do you all think of the new Shamir Autograph Intelligence???

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    I just got a pair today. Quite impressed. Wearing them right now as I type in bed on my laptop. I have a 2.00 add. Softer design than my Zeiss Ind 2's. Low swim, low peripheral astigmatism. Good intermediate vision at 1 to 2 m. Felt great instant I put them on. Zeiss probably slightly more reading, but Shamir better intermediate and I imagine easier adaptation for most people.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There is something about my pair that isn't as comfortable as my Auto3 with the exact same frame model, fitting height, etc.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I dispensed AI to my patient as a replacement of A3 which was on the exact same frame same parameter and same power. However, what the patient experienced is that the reading area seems to be longer than its predecessor,(he needed to gaze down more than he usually did.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm waiting for the Autograph 4 or the Autograph Superior Intelligence to be released as the next no doubt game changing new paradigm in progressive lens design.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    I'm waiting for the Autograph 4 or the Autograph Superior Intelligence to be released as the next no doubt game changing new paradigm in progressive lens design.
    I literally laughed at my desk after reading this. And the office was super quiet, so it was really awkward.

WRT OP, Intelligence has performed well at our office. We use it as a go-to digital lens for first PAL wearers. I also move a lot of Varilux (specifically Physio and S-design) patients to it with success. As with any digital custom PAL of the new generation, the position of wear measurements are very important to actually use and be correct. As long as you're fitting it correctly, it should work well for a lot of people.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I use the Auto Intel when I think the particular lens I'm dispensing could benefit from checking design formula against metadata.

Definitely be prepared for oh my gosh its so good and not good at all reactions. Don't use as a one lens software for all design, the tech isn't there - yet

I have found it works REALLY well with low distance RX latent hyperopes with emerging presbyopia, but so does the intouch

If meta data and AI was even close to perfect we would all have kiosks at malls or home delivery services to adjust frames because thats all there would be left for us to do.

Don't fear the singularity, be the john connor against the terminator. Even John Connor would avail himself of the best technological weapons and use them in a way that his AI enemies can't.
    Last edited by Tallboy; 08-17-2019 at 02:43 PM.

OptiBoard Apprentice Hailey Benson's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I am currently in the AI, been in it for about 6 months and I have no complaints. Use it for a lot of my patients with great success as well.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    The AI is the same design as A3 except it has a variable inset. They're good designs with a quicker rate of change from distance to about a 4/5 feet focal distance and a slower rate of change below that allowing the intermediate and near to widen a bit. The sacrifice is a bit more dense of a blending area just below distance which will be more dramatic as add powers increase, however with higher adds it's probably the only way of getting a somewhat functional intermediate so like everything else it's a trade off. BTW other designs have similar design philosophies including some from IOT.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    While I find that they're very good for general vision while walking around, have you tried them for computer work? A **lot** of swim when moving one's head just a little while looking at a laptop screen, and a rather narrow medium-reading-distance corridor as well. Last but not least, I'm surprised to see color fringes along the straight lines of certain objects. And these lenses are Trivex! (my ADD is 2.25)

By comparison, my old Hoya MyStyles were far superior for computer work.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I just did my first pair for a patient who has a +10.50 OU script with a +2.50 add and put her in a 1.74 index of course. She is really happy and says the best lenses she has ever had. Now I find that these scripts are not so hard to please, but overall it was a positive experience.ou

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What were the previous designs and did you fit them?

Among top of the line progressives I'd say it's 85% fit and 15% design at most.

My inner Eeyore says now you've got to match this experience with all future pairs.....but that just me.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    What were the previous designs and did you fit them?

Among top of the line progressives I'd say it's 85% fit and 15% design at most.

My inner Eeyore says now you've got to match this experience with all future pairs.....but that just me.
    100% agree

If I were to change the engravings, most won't even notice the difference between IOT/Zeiss/Ess designs. Of course, I have too much integrity to do that.
    I bend light. That is what I do.

Thread Information