3D printed lenses.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3D printed lenses.

How many years until frames and lenses will be printed as one unit? I'm thinking 6 years. What's your guess?

www.luxexcel.com/video-gallery

Originally posted by haliopt View Post
    How many years until frames and lenses will be printed as one unit? I'm thinking 6 years. What's your guess?

www.luxexcel.com/video-gallery
    Let's see....free form took about 20 years before it was widely accepted and mostly understood.

The 3D technology in ophthalmic lenses IMHO will never reach the stage of fruition and will endure the same slow, painful expensive death as Google glass and Pixel Optics did.
    Last edited by Lab Insight; 04-10-2019, 04:00 AM. Reason: Didn't have my morning java

Comment

Originally posted by Lab Insight View Post
      Let's see....free form took about 20 years before it was widely accepted and mostly understood.

The 3D technology in ophthalmic lenses IMHO will never reach the stage of fruition and will endure the same slow, painful expensive death as Google glass and Pixel Optics did.
      So you're saying that it took freeform lenses 20 years to be the mainstream/gold standard and that 3D lenses will never be made? Or are you saying that if the 3D lenses are made only as smart glasses they will never work and it will take 20 years for the 3D lenses to be gold standard/mainstream for regular eyeglasses? I'm confused.

Comment

Originally posted by haliopt View Post
        So you're saying that it took freeform lenses 20 years to be the mainstream/gold standard and that 3D lenses will never be made? Or are you saying that if the 3D lenses are made only as smart glasses they will never work and it will take 20 years for the 3D lenses to be gold standard/mainstream for regular eyeglasses? I'm confused.
        The former.

Comment

Working...
        X