Thread: Meaningful Connections Build Loyalty With Patients

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Smilie Meaningful Connections Build Loyalty With Patients

I had an interview with this publication and I’m quite happy with how the article turned out. Thought I would share here and get some feedback:
    https://www.reviewofoptometry.com/wo...build-loyalty/

looking up the answers smallworld's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I think it's a very good article.

I think it's a very GREAT article!
    Last edited by smallworld; 04-09-2019 at 02:47 PM. Reason: wasn't enthusiastic enough
    What is reality but a concept unique to each of us? Can anything be classed as real when our perceptions differ greatly on so many things? Just because we see something a particular way does not make it so.

Rising Star
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I really enjoyed the read! I totally agree with your point about focusing on the relationship rather that just the sale. The practice I'm at now does not take any vision plans (thank goodness!) but when I have worked in offices that did I always took the time to review and advise patients about their coverage, and also whether or not actually enrolling in a plan would benefit them. I giggled when I read that you tell your patients to stop by for a 'tune up', I tell my patients the exact thing! It hadn't really occurred to me that having them come in regularly was a better reminder to schedule their yearly exam, but it does make sense. Often a patient will stop by for an adjustment and remark that they are having trouble with their vision. I always pull their chart and we talk about options as far as getting back in to see the doc. Your article reminded me of a patient we had just a couple of weeks ago. Two sisters came in, one was widowed if I remember correctly, and was obviously a little on the nervous nature side of things. When our doc brought her to me for an adjustment he told me he was referring her for a cat eval. When he walked away she got very nervous about the thought of surgery and actually started to cry, I held her hand and did my best to reassure her-and the tech got her a booklet with contact information of the surgeons office. She left feeling a little bit better about it. Our job is unique-we wear many hats with our patients and it's up to us to understand them enough to make that connection with them.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OUTSTANDING article. Very, very nice job.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for the feedback. It’s nice to know that people are out there that we don’t know but we can all relate. :)

Quote Originally Posted by GAgirl View Post
    I really enjoyed the read! I totally agree with your point about focusing on the relationship rather that just the sale. The practice I'm at now does not take any vision plans (thank goodness!) but when I have worked in offices that did I always took the time to review and advise patients about their coverage, and also whether or not actually enrolling in a plan would benefit them. I giggled when I read that you tell your patients to stop by for a 'tune up', I tell my patients the exact thing! It hadn't really occurred to me that having them come in regularly was a better reminder to schedule their yearly exam, but it does make sense. Often a patient will stop by for an adjustment and remark that they are having trouble with their vision. I always pull their chart and we talk about options as far as getting back in to see the doc. Your article reminded me of a patient we had just a couple of weeks ago. Two sisters came in, one was widowed if I remember correctly, and was obviously a little on the nervous nature side of things. When our doc brought her to me for an adjustment he told me he was referring her for a cat eval. When he walked away she got very nervous about the thought of surgery and actually started to cry, I held her hand and did my best to reassure her-and the tech got her a booklet with contact information of the surgeons office. She left feeling a little bit better about it. Our job is unique-we wear many hats with our patients and it's up to us to understand them enough to make that connection with them.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thank you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    OUTSTANDING article. Very, very nice job.

Thread Information