Thread: It ain't just glasses on line

Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

It ain't just glasses on line

My neighbor just took delivery of a shiny brand new car. He bought it online. He didn't have to deal with a pesky salesman pushing stuff he didn't want or aggressive business agent pushing stuff he didn't need. And, they brought the vehicle right to his door.

If there is a "carsalesmandoard.com" out there, Ill bet there us a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It's a new world out there.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by rbaker View Post
    My neighbor just took delivery of a shiny brand new car. He bought it online. He didn't have to deal with a pesky salesman pushing stuff he didn't want or aggressive business agent pushing stuff he didn't need. And, they brought the vehicle right to his door.

If there is a "carsalesmandoard.com" out there, Ill bet there us a lot of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It's a new world out there.
    My wife needed a new car 12 years ago. She's always been a Subaru fan (for New England winters all wheel drive is a must for us). She shopped for a few different models then brought me to look a the Impreza she wanted.

I never got into it as it was going to be her car- big mistake. I hate when I cannot extend my legs all the way forward in the front seat and this one was 6 inches too short to allow it. We run the wheels off our vehicles before replacing them so I had to live with it for 10 years.

She now has a 2 year old Nissan Rogue but it's still two inches short for full leg extension so I still dislike, but can live with driving it.

FWIW- Isn't Tesla operating "car-less" showrooms in malls?
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 04-03-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    My wife needed a new car 12 years ago. She's always been a Subaru fan (for New England winters all wheel drive is a must for us). She shopped for a few different models then brought me to look a the Impreza she wanted.

I never got into it as it was going to be her car- big mistake. I hate when I cannot extend my legs all the way forward in the front seat and this one was 6 inches too short to allow it. We run the wheels off our vehicles before replacing them so I had to live with it for 10 years.

She now has a 2 year old Nissan Rogue but it's still two inches short for full leg extension so I still dislike, but can live with driving it.

I bought a used 2002 Acura TL 16 years ago with 15,000 miles on it on E-Bay from Houston and still driving it everyday. Way before all the new on line stuff.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post

He purchased his car from www.carvana.com Didn't need no stinkin PD either.

Thread Information