Thread: Trying To Get The New Disney Frames

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Blue Jumper Trying To Get The New Disney Frames

Good morning guys and gals! Hope yall are doing great this week. One of my Doctors is wanting to try and get the new Disney frames in, so I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new license. I know Italia Independent picked it up last year, but given that everything I try and look up just brings up the old Luxottica stuff, I was wondering if anyone had any insight. How's the quality, is it worth investing in, and how easy are they to deal with, if at all in the States. Thanks guys!

Blake

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper New Mickey Mouse 90th sunglasses ......................................

New Mickey Mouse 90th sunglasses to debut exclusively at Disney parks

IN ACCESSORIES, DISNEY, DISNEYLAND RESORT, MERCHANDISE, WALT DISNEY WORLD
    Posted on October 26, 2018 by Bailee Abell

Ray-Ban has joined the clothing and accessories brands releasing merchandise for Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday! The popular glasses brand will soon debut new Mickey Mouse sunglasses to be sold exclusively at Disney parks. And this time, D23 members will be the first to gain access to these adorable sunglasses.
    The newest Ray-Ban Mickey Mouse design is a pair of the classic Wayfarer glasses featuring custom artwork by Disney lead artist Jeff Shelley. The sunglasses are stylish and timeless, especially with the addition of Mickey Mouse on the interior of the frames. Each pair is unisex and can fit anyone’s personal style.

source:
    https://insidethemagic.net/2018/10/b...0th-sunglasses

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    So here's Italia Independent's Disney website https://italiaindependent.com/en/sunglasses/disney/ and https://italiaindependent.com/en/eyeglasses/disney/. I don't know if you're seeing the same thing, but I'm seeing "Not for sale in your country" on all 10 frames that they are showing

The only thing I can add is that I dealt with Italia Independent for their house sunglass line and the quality was good and they were easy to deal with. The only problem for us is that we couldn't sell enough to support keeping the line.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper

Quote Originally Posted by jpways View Post

So here's Italia Independent's Disney website https://italiaindependent.com/en/sunglasses/disney/ and https://italiaindependent.com/en/eyeglasses/disney/. I don't know if you're seeing the same thing, but I'm seeing "Not for sale in your country" on all 10 frames that they are showing

The only thing I can add is that I dealt with Italia Independent for their house sunglass line and the quality was good and they were easy to deal with. The only problem for us is that we couldn't sell enough to support keeping the line.

Ray-Ban has joined the clothing and accessories brands releasing merchandise for Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday!

The popular glasses brand will soon debut new
    Mickey Mouse sunglasses to be sold exclusively at Disney parks.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Ray-Ban has joined the clothing and accessories brands releasing merchandise for Mickey Mouse’s 90th birthday!

The popular glasses brand will soon debut new
    Mickey Mouse sunglasses to be sold exclusively at Disney parks.
    They're really wanting the full sunglass and opthalmic brand more than the anniversary Ray Bans. Always appreciate ya Chris!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jpways View Post

Dang. Showing for me as well. Was the same thing back when they originally dropped last year. May have to contact them and see what we can work out. I think my Doctors are wanting a rep to stop in with them but I don't think that's gonna be possible by the looks of it. And we can't order anything online. Thanks JP! Definitely appreciate the help! :)

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I thought one of the supply companies picked up the disney line in the USA. It's not optisource or hilco.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeyeoptical View Post
    I thought one of the supply companies picked up the disney line in the USA. It's not optisource or hilco.
    We thought that as well. But we can't figure out who it is. :/

OptiBoard Professional OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I'm pretty sure it was optisource. I would call them and ask if something fell apart with the deal.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Just an update from last year on this. Docs managed to track them down at Vision Expo last year. So it's Pan Oceanic Eyewear who's manufacturing the Disney line here. It's distributed through Eastern States Eyewear International. So you need to contact ESE for the line itself. Thoughts on it after carrying it for 8 months. Obviously some appeal. Star Wars, Avengers, Black Panther, Spiderman, Batman (Not sure how lol), Cars, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Disney Princesses and Frozen. The quality is pretty standard. Do be careful with the plastic temples, they tend to crack over the metal stems with too many adjustments. We haven't had to warranty many of them however. Pretty much only for the kids, nothing in between for Tweens or Teens. Or Adults. I'd rock some Star Wars frames lol. Good customer service and our rep has an optical background which is nice. The only downside, due to the manufacturer and distributor being separate, is they are a pain to list in the system. We use Office Mate and Frame Data. They're listed under Pan Oceanic, and separated by each branding. (Star Wars, Spiderman etc.) So you have to split them up instead of grouping them together under one umbrella in the system. Otherwise they've been pretty good.

Thread Information