"In the meantime, Dahan and Butler told me, federal authorities should step up and prevent price gouging for eyewear — just as they’ve done with other healthcare products, such as EpiPens."

Epipens. Yes, poor consumers who can't afford $450 Oliver Peoples frames and $300 Oakleys will go blind, they have no other options! GOUGING IN OPTICAL will make America Go Blind. Make America See Again. OLIVER PEOPLES BAD. An optometrist posts an article for discussion (wait, was it posted to an optical forum for discussion? maybe I misunderstand the point of optiboard - Steve, am I missing something here?) with an actual line that equates Oakley prices with the pricing of Epipens, therefore federal authorities must act urgently, or else....the public will have no choice but to switch to Foster Grants?? Are you effing serious? Please, tell me you are not a real optometrist, that you are just a troll, and you got through the sign up filter and are just having a laugh, right? I mean you posted this article as farce, and your "experience" in the eyeglass industry is non existent, right?