Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Essilor vs. Hoya

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by lensmanmd View Post
    And please, do not compare 2, 4 and 6 drops. If the fit is correct, the drop doesn't matter.
    Thanks for calling this out. A 2mm drop is definitely not BAD, but rather needs to be fit and managed DIFFERENTLY.

We used this lens a bit more recently when VSP came out with their "Standard Progressive" coverage back in August for those who wanted "only what the insurance covers". The corridor drop difference was a small detail not taken into consideration when we started dispensing it more frequently, and we had a rash of non-adapts and changes because we were managing the lens the same as all of our other PALs.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    I was told by the rep just to use the harmony for people that have worn progressives before and clarity for people who have never worn progressives before. I suspected what was said though. Thanks. Some times the explanations from reps are rather muddy.
    Also, why does the seg drop matter or not matter? Does it have to do with where the add starts?
    Will the patient notice if they go from a 2 to a 4? (lets say with identical corridors)
    Sorry if it is a stupid question but I am here to learn from the masters.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah, the new Lifestyle 3 lenses have a third option in the portfolio. Clarity offers a smoother and larger mapping for distance, and the Harmony does the same but for the reading. Their new lenses are the Outdoor (Clarity) and the Indoor (Harmony) while the Urban gives a more mapped fit for every day on the go. So you expand in all areas a bit more, but not as much as the focal types listed above. We've had great success with Hoya, even when dealing with the Lux labs.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmic Technician
    Thank you, yes the urban is in the MyStyle now I think too. There are four options in the Mystyle. One for distance, one for near, one for more intermediate and digital, and one balanced. I think anyway.
    I saw someone started a different thread on seg drop. I'm going to check it out.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    In my experience, frame matters...you need to make sure that the frame is not too big and the right shape. Even if you choose the thinnest lens and if your frame is huge, your lens will be thick.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by curtains1 View Post
    Any thoughts on the amplitude? I know it is a step down from the Lifestyle, but what about customers on a budget?
    I average selling 3 pairs of Amplitude BKS (backside digital) daily, and we are a small optical. Excellent adaptation rate for both new and old presbyopes. I have NOT had great adaptation rates with the Harmony, and I now put people in the Clarity exclusively at that price point with better success. We will see how the IDLS3 renditions fare. The Array is just OK.

Thread Information