Thread: Crizal AR defects

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Crizal AR defects

We have been having trouble with our AR a lot lately coming from the lab. We use essilor products and mostly crizal sapphire or avance only. When looking at the lens, not through it, it may have a “drip” on the lens. Not a swirl like a defect, but where the AR is not smoothly coated. Do you pass these or anyone else having problems with such? Also, the AR at times when looking at it may have a line diagonally going through the AR different then the normal pattern of the coating. I’d this normal? If it is not and you would not pass it, any ideas on why it is happening? It is a defect since it is looking at the coating and not through?

Bad address email on file Randle Tibbs, ABOM's Avatar
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Quote Originally Posted by Kbrinneman View Post
    We have been having trouble with our AR a lot lately coming from the lab. We use essilor products and mostly crizal sapphire or avance only. When looking at the lens, not through it, it may have a “drip” on the lens. Not a swirl like a defect, but where the AR is not smoothly coated. Do you pass these or anyone else having problems with such? Also, the AR at times when looking at it may have a line diagonally going through the AR different then the normal pattern of the coating. I’d this normal? If it is not and you would not pass it, any ideas on why it is happening? It is a defect since it is looking at the coating and not through?
    Is it on all materials, or mostly high index?

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Bronze Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I never pass AR defects that will show after being cut. Luckily, my blocker shows me a rough outline of the lens shape and I can check if defects will show or not.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper We have been having trouble with our AR ..........................................

We have been having trouble with our AR a lot lately coming from the lab. We use essilor products and mostly crizal sapphire or avance only. When looking at the lens, not through it, it may have a “drip” on the lens. Not a swirl like a defect, but where the AR is not smoothly coated.

.............if you use Essilor products and have them coated in an Essilor lab, you are paying top quality prices and have the right for the best quality and workmanship as per their advertising.

If some lenses are not acceptable have them redone under their quality promise and if they can not come up with top quality jobs change labs.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    does it look like an oil slick? https://vinylprintcess.com/products/...outdoor-or-htv not exactly this dramatic.. but this idea.

Thread Information