Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are glasses so expensive?

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    The ignore button is your friend.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

the happy patients of today will be replaced with younger generations ...............

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post

The present that is now, will be changing at a much faster speed as technical and commercial technology advances in every field, even in the optical retail where the happy patients of today will be replaced with younger generations that have a far different way of thinking and acting.

What has been the basic standard in a profession for the last hundred years will have to be adapted to more modern times in every way as we go along, or we will be at the losing end. Planning ahead of the game has never harmed anybody, but maybe could be of some benefit for many.

......................that was the stage when this thread got rudely derailed by a relatively new member with very little posting history, and does not want to accept advice from other posting members.
    Chris Ryser

http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Kwill....................................... To answer your post I will repeat again what I have said for a long time, and then maybe you might understand.

I have never said and not meant, what you are writing about. In short, my idea that probably could work, is that you could split up your present total markup a different way and not make a penny less.

To price the frames at a competitive cost, to attract customers. Then sell them a service package to finish the job, that contains everything you want to include, more revenue or warranties for frames, from lenses to warranties on them, adjustments and maybe even minor repairs along the way for a certain time period you set and decide the details.

It is an idea that just might work ..........................
    Chris;

Don't you think you'll have some pretty ****** off customers when using your pricing formula who return with a broken frame and are told that since they did not purchase the service package they will have to shell out another $$$ for a new frame after making the original purchase only months previous?

Regards,
    Golfnorth

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Don't you think you'll have some pretty ****** off customers ........................

Quote Originally Posted by Golfnorth View Post
    Chris;

Don't you think you'll have some pretty ****** off customers when using your pricing formula who return with a broken frame and are told that since they did not purchase the service package they will have to shell out another $$$ for a new frame after making the original purchase only months previous?

Regards,
    Golfnorth

.............if you would use my proposed formula of selling the frame at rock bottom price without the service package. I would show him that he signed off the purchase of the service package, that includes any warranty and guarantee on the job......................and that would settle the case.

However if there is a factory warranty for the breakage of whatever happened by the manufacturer, and by the distributor, it would be honored.

Very simple and fair solution.
    Chris Ryser

http://optochemicals.com............................. http://arcoatings.com

Thread Information