Thread: kate spade license?

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist

kate spade license?

Last year Coach bought Kate Spade. And Coach is with Lux.

Anyone know the status of Kate Spade contract with Safilo?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Coach “Refocusing” Kate Spade Licensing Program ............................

Inside Licensing News and Notes, August 16, 2017

Coach “Refocusing” Kate Spade Licensing Program

Coach Inc., fresh from its purchase of Kate Spade & Co., is “refocusing” the brand’s licensing program on fashion apparel and accessories and home goods, Coach CEO Victor Luis told analysts, as Coach reported its results for Q4 ended July 1.

Coach bought Kate Spade and affiliated brands Kate Spade Saturday and Jack Spade in a deal that closed July 11. Kate Spade has 24 licensing agreements across multiple categories, including bedding (DWI Holdings), athleisure (Beyond Yoga), eyewear (Safilo), rugs (Jaipur), stationery (Lifeguard Press), furniture (EJ Victor) wallpaper/fabric (Kravet). The agreements expire at various times through 2025, Kate Spade said in its 10K filed with the SEC. Licensing also is part of Kate Spade’s joint venture in China with Walton Brown.
    Some of the current licensing agreements won’t be renewed, Luis said. Many of the pacts are “short term” agreements with several having been signed in 2015, company executives said. “Each will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and we will reduce the number” of licenses in sharpening the program’s focus on fashion and home goods, Luis said.

Meanwhile, the Kate Spade brand is forecast to generate $1.2 billion in sales in the fiscal year ending July 1, 2018, down slightly from $1.24 billion a year earlier, Coach executives said. Coach will move to expand Kate Spade in international markets that accounted for 12.4% of the brand’s annual. Coach also will open 20-25 Kate Spade outlet stores in 2018, the bulk of them in international markets.
    Overall, Coach’s net income in Q4 ended July 1 jumped to $151.7 from $82 million a year earlier as revenue declined slightly to $1.13 billion.

Contact: Coach Inc., Kevin Wills, Chief Financial Officer, 212-594-1850

https ://www.licensing.org/inside-licensing/inside-licensing-news-and-notes-august-16-2017

Occupation

Blue Jumper Coach IP Holdings LLC (also known as Coach New York .............................

Coach IP Holdings LLC (also known as Coach New York and simply Coach) is an American company specializing in luxury accessories such as handbags.

Operations

As of 2013, there were approximately 1,000 Coach stores in North America. Coach has also built a strong presence in the U.S. through Coach boutiques located within select department stores and specialty retailer locations.[12]
    Coinciding with its 75th anniversary in 2016, Coach opened Coach House, a 20,000-square-foot Midtown Manhattan retail space.[34]
    Today, Coach’s corporate headquarters remain in Midtown Manhattan on 34th Street, in the location of their former factory lofts. In August 2016, the company finalized the sale and leaseback of its office condo portion of 10 Hudson Yards – its headquarters. Coach received $707 million before transaction costs.[35]
    In 1999, Coach launched its online store at www.coach.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coach_New_York

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    "Captain Cut-and-paste" to the rescue!!!!

Nice job Chris, your Google-fu is as pathetic as ever. And, as usual, nothing helpful was posted. And it was OLD. Some of it REALLY OLD. Sir, the internet is a worse place because of people like you.

But, I clicked on it, so, in your eyes it was a huge success! Congratulations!

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    The Kate Spade eyewear license is much more lucrative than anything they might be able to make from stationery and wallpaper. It's a long-term deal and it's not going anywhere.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by harry888 View Post
    Last year Coach bought Kate Spade. And Coach is with Lux.

Anyone know the status of Kate Spade contract with Safilo?
    We're phasing them out.

How often do you have someone ask to see the specific collection and not the design?

I think it will be tough to keep the designer name going when the designer is gone.

(Yes- I know she sold the name years ago.)

High end fashion houses are starting to keep names exclusive to their retail stores as was discussed a while back on OB I believe. Vertical integration and all that rot.

An old but interesting thread:

https://www.optiboard.com/forums/sho...light=Designer
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 01-24-2019 at 01:08 PM. Reason: add a past thread...

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post
    "Captain Cut-and-paste" to the rescue!!!!

Nice job Chris, your Google-fu is as pathetic as ever. And, as usual, nothing helpful was posted. And it was OLD. Some of it REALLY OLD. Sir, the internet is a worse place because of people like you.

But, I clicked on it, so, in your eyes it was a huge success! Congratulations!
    +1. I really wish there was a filter user option, so I wouldn't have to scroll past all the cut-n-paste nonsense to get to the actual content.

Occupation

a filter user option, so I wouldn't have to scroll past all the cut-n-paste nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by Kwill212 View Post

+1. I really wish there was a filter user option, so I wouldn't have to scroll past all the cut-n-paste nonsense to get to the actual content.

I have my style of finding the source of facts, and when their a few years old, you missed the information when it was fresh.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    I have my style of finding the source of facts, and when their a few years old, you missed the information when it was fresh.
    Oh, stoppit!

And, 'they're'.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    The Kate Spade eyewear license is much more lucrative than anything they might be able to make from stationery and wallpaper. It's a long-term deal and it's not going anywhere.
    Yes,but lucrative for whoever has the license. I was wondering if KS contract with safilo was up, and it might end op with Lux.

Those Lux Coach look so much like the Safilo Kate Spade

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    And, just so I add something other than b!tching to this thread, it just so happens that our Safilo KS rep was in the day this thread was posted and we decided to put Kate Spade in and get rid of our Coach. The KS product looked really, really nice.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by harry888 View Post
    Yes,but lucrative for whoever has the license. I was wondering if KS contract with safilo was up, and it might end op with Lux.
    The sale of Kate Spade to Coach doesn't supersede existing licensing contracts. If the KS contract ends, it's not because of this deal, it's because it was scheduled to end. These big fashion houses almost never have anything to do with the eyewear designs they sell their brand name to. The one exception I can think of is Jonathan Adler, who had a dominant hand in his eyewear designs. I believe they flopped. I guess it's possible that Coach/KS might want to migrate their product over to Lux when they can, but I would guess that there's more money to be made by splitting the lines between two manufacturers.

Those Lux Coach look so much like the Safilo Kate Spade
    I can't agree with that. I vastly prefer the Kate Spade, and find their designs much classier.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Thread Information