Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Edger Sentitelli LE9000

  1. #1
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    3

    Edger Sentitelli LE9000

    Hello All,

    I am new to this forum and have read the solutions that some of you posted in the past. Very helpful. Thanks for sharing.

    I have a little problem with my edger and hoping that some of you may be able to guide me if you had encountered this issue in the past.

    I had purchased the Senitellelli edger LE9000 from VSI. I am not good at all with edging and working with the edger. It is a little over a year, so the manufacture warranty is no longer available. Lately I had problem with my tracer and I was able to clear it and get it worked again. The edger works fine now, doesn't give me any error. However, it tends to ask for a big blank size when it comes to edging. After all calculation, the edger said the minimum blank size should be 59, I even used the 68 blank size, set Passive Mode just so I can move the place that I block the lens, the edger/feeler still doesn't touch the lens (meaning I need bigger blank size). It doesn't make sense to me. I am not sure how to fix this or I am missing some knowledge here. I have tried many jobs and same problem. Please help me out.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    OptiBoard Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Hauppauge, NY, USA
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    26
    It sounds like the feeler arm height is not correct. Here is an article on how to adjust it: How do I adjust the feeler arm height?

    Best_Steve

  3. #3
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Santinelli View Post
    It sounds like the feeler arm height is not correct. Here is an article on how to adjust it: How do I adjust the feeler arm height?

    Best_Steve
    Hi Steve,

    I truthly appreciate your reply. While calibarting, the feeler made the sluggish sound when move to the left or the right, but it finished. But the lenses now are cut too small. Tried calibrating a couple time (SMU and lenses size), don't know how to fix. Could you please provide some guidance.

    Thank you.
    Cindy.

  4. #4
    OptiBoard Apprentice
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Hauppauge, NY, USA
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by optci-relate View Post
    Hi Steve,

    I truthly appreciate your reply. While calibarting, the feeler made the sluggish sound when move to the left or the right, but it finished. But the lenses now are cut too small. Tried calibrating a couple time (SMU and lenses size), don't know how to fix. Could you please provide some guidance.

    Thank you.
    Cindy.
    LMU calibration should not change the size of the lens?? If your lenses are small you must first confirm the tracer is calibrated. Once the tracer is calibrated then you should adjust your size. I'm concerned with the sluggish sound and the LMU can become messed up if not maintained properly.

    If calibrating the tracer doesn't help with the lens size, I suggest you call our tech support 800-644-3343, so that we can ask more questions.

    Best_Steve

  5. #5
    OptiBoard Novice
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Santinelli View Post
    LMU calibration should not change the size of the lens?? If your lenses are small you must first confirm the tracer is calibrated. Once the tracer is calibrated then you should adjust your size. I'm concerned with the sluggish sound and the LMU can become messed up if not maintained properly.

    If calibrating the tracer doesn't help with the lens size, I suggest you call our tech support 800-644-3343, so that we can ask more questions.

    Best_Steve
    Will do.

    Thanks again.
    Cindy.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Like New Patternless Edger: Nidek 3D Fit LE9000 SX
    By gschultz31 in forum Optical Marketplace
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2019, 01:09 PM
  2. Santinelli 3D-fit Patternless Edger LE9000 LX for sale
    By Ben19 in forum Optical Marketplace
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-25-2018, 05:43 PM
  3. Nidek LE9000 LX Edger, Blocker and Groover
    By victoriaeyecare in forum Optical Marketplace
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2012, 11:05 PM
  4. le9000 problem
    By apaul in forum General Optics and Eyecare Discussion Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-28-2009, 03:36 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
OptiBoard is proudly sponsored by:
Younger Optics and Vision Equipment