Thread: Vision works, anyone know whst they use?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Vision works, anyone know whst they use?

Greetings, have a patient having problems adapting to a new Zeiss Prec. Pure. She said she never had any problems with her Vision Works progressive. Called VW, was told she is wearing their brand. Well, I know they just using someone else's as their brand. Any one know what progressive they use as their brand and what digital designer they use? Thx Ric

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What kind of problems is she having? If she was wearing VW lenses without issue, lens design is most likely not the problem. Change in fitting or Rx would be much more likely. If her previous lenses were fit far lower than they should have and you have correctly placed the fitting cross you can run into issues. Especially if the patient was not warned of increased periphery blur before dispensing. Things of this nature cause much more problems than lens design.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I can't imagine that a Zeiss lens of any kind would be anything but an improvement over VW's house brand, though there are patients who just settle very deeply into a groove with a particular PAL design. Check PD and OC heights on both pairs; that seems a more likely culprit, followed by BC and POW measurements.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Sometimes I run into someone who got their glasses at a chain like that and they were measured incorrectly (pd's SH etc) and now they cannot adapt to correct measurements. I end up checking and finding out that their SH was 4 down from OC or something like that. Usually I end up explaining what they had was wrong and they adapted to it. Most of the time I end up matching the incorrect measurements and noting the chart for future orders. It fixes the problem. Fortunately that doesn't happen very often. Still annoying.

Optical Clairvoyant OptiBoard Bronze Supporter Andrew Weiss's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It’s been some time since I’ve worked in a Vision Works office, but back when they started offering their own progressive they were in bed with Essilor. The VW progressive back then was an Essilor design, probably a version of the Comfort 360 that didn’t come up worthy of Varilux branding in their trial tests. I think it’s most likely you’re dealing with an Essilor product, which means a soft design (and not similar to Zeiss’ hard design). Perhaps this accounts for the patient’s discomfort with Zeiss, even though it is likely the superior lens design.
    Andrew

"One must remember that at the end of the road, there is a path" --- Fortune Cookie

Thread Information