Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to receive vca data from an Nidek blocker

hi @all,
    iīm curious if it is possible to download job or ptn data via lan to an pc, and how it is done.
    I tried to open a connection via telnet but this doesnīt work, i wonder how this can be done, i tried to sniff the ethernet traffic with wireshark, but i canīt figure it out how this magic works...any ideas?
    to receive the data the blocker must somehow communicate with my pc like itīs an edger, or is this the wrong path.

kind regards
    Joerg

g'day,
    The usual flow of data is from a pc to a blocker or blocker/edger combination. If I understand your post correctly you are wanting to send data to the pc from the blocker. What are you trying to do with the data from there?
    I have in the past set up communication between Nidek edging equipment and a pc by using RS232 cable.
    Last edited by JGor; 11-27-2018, 07:32 PM. Reason: additional information to add.

Comment

Hi,
      i want to download the VCA data from the blocker via ethernet not via rs232. And there is my problem, i canīt interpret the VCA standard to receive data from a blocker, or i basically donīt understand how to talk to the blocker via ethernet, putty telnet or something else. Any help would be apreciated.

Comment

Alrighty, I think I can help but first will need to know what model blocker and/or edger and the pc operating system.
        There are communication options in the technician menus but getting to them is different with some of the different models.
        You can pm me if you prefer.

Comment

Itīs an Nidek Ice-9000 Blocker, VCA communication should already enabled.
          i want to code a little programm/script in java to communicate with the blocker and download a specific job or ptn.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-12-03_15-35-14.png
Views:	1
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	869948

let me know if this helps. Had to do a screen shot of it. Couldn't get the file to attach.

Comment

Hi JGor,
              i know how to connect the devices, that is not the problem. Host of the data is the blocker, i want to download vca data via ethernet to an pc to process this data for another usecase.
              My question is how to communicate with the blocker to get the data I need. There is no ootb solution from Nidek for this, so i wanted to code it myself - sadly I don’t know how to start the communication with the blocker.

Comment

I have found a rather convoluted solution for what I now understand you want to do. I'm just going to confirm that it works before I pass it on.

Comment

Originally posted by JGor View Post
                  g'day,
                  The usual flow of data is from a pc to a blocker or blocker/edger combination. If I understand your post correctly you are wanting to send data to the pc from the blocker. What are you trying to do with the data from there?
                  I have in the past set up communication between Nidek edging equipment and a pc by using RS232 cable.
                  Hi, what software did you use to get the trace out?

Comment

Working...
                  X