Thread: provisos, a couple of quid pro quos

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

provisos, a couple of quid pro quos

if anyone is wiling to share their office policies, i need help. just started at an md office that is just bare bones supplying glasses and contacts. lets just say the optical department needs a lot. i've only been there a short while and have noticed they have a lot of patients changing their minds on the frames they choose and sometimes at dispensing, there's patients that wait almost a whole year to complain that the rx never worked, then you have patients who wait almost 6 months to get the rx filled and when the rx doesn't work the practice charges for a new refraction. i'd love to have a half sheet explaining refunds, exchanges, and restocking fees. they do at least have a frame waiver stamp, but i want something i can put on carbon copies so as the patient can take something home. and yes, still on paper. :/
    any help is appreciated.
    as for those contact lens patients, good god! they've been so spoiled that they get as may trials as they want, even when they do all their ordering elsewhere. the doctors are pushovers, and i get it, it's their practice, they can do as they wish. i'll just have to remind them of this when they complain of not making any money. how do you help these patients?
    (and yes, i quoted aladdin, my kid finally let go of moana and let us watch something else.)
    thank you!

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper as simple as possible ...............................

Quote Originally Posted by mscoco View Post

there's patients that wait almost a whole year to complain that the rx never worked, then you have patients who wait almost 6 months to get the Rx filled and when the rx doesn't work the practice charges for a new refraction. i'd love to have a half sheet explaining refunds, exchanges, and restocking fees. they do at least have a frame waiver stamp,
    Complaints: Will only be accepted for period of two calendar weeks after delivery of glasses.

Rx Problem: Will only be accepted for period of two calendar weeks after delivery of glasses.

Exchanging
    Frames and
    Restocking:
    Will only be accepted for period of two calendar weeks after delivery of glasses.

Thread Information