Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Meet the Montreal optician on a radical mission to make glasses affordable ..........

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post
    If I were truly independent, I would certainly be free of "approved/non-approved" frames and lenses and labs and I would probably do something on the wholesale side, in order to keep my retail low. But that's not my world. :)
    Agreed.

The largest driver of frame pricing is vision "insurance" plans that require markups to cover their "insurance" benefit to the member. I have several ALIBABA frames. They are of mid-safilo quality at lime green modern pricing. They are used as packaged price deals since they are not listed in frame data. I have started carrying them about a year ago and have only had 2 returned for defect. They are by far the largest value on my board. However, because of vision "insurance," and it's popularity, it is not feasible to have an entire optical of unlisted frames.

I agree with a lot of what Chris is driving at (why are you paying premium prices for much of your product, when you can get something similar without branding/big manufacture backing at MUCH less the price), but you are ignoring the biggest optical obstacle....vision "insurance."

Yes, several plans do not require frames from frames data, but the biggest networks do.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper hostage to two insurance companies, ...................................

Thank you, your clarifications, that make things a lot more understandable.

…………………………….So now it boils down to *Frames Data* which is a commercial publication by the *Jobson Publishing* who makes a living from optical advertising and other medical domaines.

Frames Data Online is the online tool that opticians rely on for all the latest information on frames, now in a limited FREE 30-day trial.

It offers you a fun, easy-to-use way to find the detailed frame information your practice needs, including sizes, colors, pictures, and more!

If you're serious about making your dispensary run like a well-oiled machine, this is the tool you need.

This trial offer will give you a taste of how Frames Data can help you in your dispensary. Subscribe to the full version to turn on more features, including PriceSearch.
    So if you want to be up to date, you will have to sign up and pay them whatever they charge. ……….Very probably as a manufacturer you will also have to pay in order to get listed.

This means the 2 main Eyeglass insurance companies, (VSP and the Essilor-Luxottica for the other one), in the eyeglass industry have total control over their business, from the patient to a pair of finished glasses, including the optical retailer that sells them.

So it basically, it all boils down to, that one of the largest market single sections in the USA optical eyeglass retail industry, is a hostage to two insurance companies, one of which is Essilor-Luxottica owned, on both sides
    of the fence.

I wonder what the insurance cost is to patients, as it was never mentioned here on OptiBoard.
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 11-15-2018 at 04:28 AM.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper Vision Plan Customer Satisfaction Declines,..........................................

Vision Plan Customer Satisfaction Declines, J.D. Power Finds

By Daniel Feldman, November 14, 2018

Primarily driven by challenges with cost and coverage, overall satisfaction among vision plan members decreases by 4 points (on a 1,000-point scale) to 753 in 2018 from 757 in 2017, according to the J.D. Power 2018 Vision Plan Satisfaction Report.SM

Primarily driven by challenges with cost and coverage, overall satisfaction among vision plan members decreases by 4 points (on a 1,000-point scale) to 753 in 2018 from 757 in 2017, according to the J.D. Power 2018 Vision Plan Satisfaction Report.SM

Study Rankings

UHC/Optum and Highmark/Davis Vision/HM Insurance(773, respectively) rank highest in customer satisfaction with vision plan insurers, performing particularly well in the communication, customer service, and reimbursement factors for UHC/Optum; and in the coverage, and cost factors for Highmark/David Vision/HM Insurance. EyeMed (760) ranks third and VSP (749) ranks fourth.

see all of it:
    https://theopticalvisionsite.com/vis...-d-power-finds

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Well that JD Power report embarrassed itself with its ranking! Optum/Davis/Highmark highest? Yea, maybe JD Power is a pay-for-play reporting firm, then.

Chris, the "vertical integration" is complete, save employing all the outlets. That comes later, probably.

And you can stop tweaking me about "the philanthropist". More like "phil-nomisma".

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    Vision Plan Customer Satisfaction Declines, J.D. Power Finds

By Daniel Feldman, November 14, 2018

Study Rankings

UHC/Optum and Highmark/Davis Vision/HM Insurance(773, respectively) rank highest in customer satisfaction with vision plan insurers, performing particularly well in the communication, customer service, and reimbursement factors for UHC/Optum; and in the coverage, and cost factors for Highmark/David Vision/HM Insurance. EyeMed (760) ranks third and VSP (749) ranks fourth.

see all of it:
    https://theopticalvisionsite.com/vis...-d-power-finds
    There's that echo again.

If you're going to cut and paste, at least do it without repeating.

Your thoughts on some of these matters might be at least a little bit more interesting if you didn't constantly regurgitate what you've found online and gave your actual thoughts.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper I checked on J.D.Power and it seems to be a serious research firm. ..................

Quote Originally Posted by drk View Post

Well that JD Power report embarrassed itself with its ranking! Optum/Davis/Highmark highest? Yea, maybe JD Power is a pay-for-play reporting firm, then.

Chris, the "vertical integration" is complete, save employing all the outlets. That comes later, probably.

And you can stop tweaking me about "the philanthropist". More like "phil-nomisma".

How does J.D. Power conduct its research?

J.D. Power surveys consumers and business customers by mail, telephone, and e-mail. We go to great lengths to make sure that these respondents are chosen at random and that they actually have experience with the product or company they are rating. For example, ratings for the Lexus IS come from people who actually own one. As a result, J.D. Power ratings are based entirely on consumer opinions and perceptions.

see at:
    https://www.jdpower.com/business/abo...eral-questions

drk............the word *philanthropy* never even crossed my mind until you brought it up first. However the seeds have been planted and we will find out how big the bush will grow.

All people need glasses at some point during their lifespan, so the war is on, about control of the industry.

So we can just sit there and wait it out, or we can adapt and make the necessary changes.

I checked on J.D.Power and it seems to be a serious research firm.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper here are many posts on OptiBoard ...............................

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post

There's that echo again.

If you're going to cut and paste, at least do it without repeating.

Your thoughts on some of these matters might be at least a little bit more interesting if you didn't constantly regurgitate what you've found online and gave your actual thoughts.

There are many posts on OptiBoard that do not interest me, and I just forget about them.

The internet is so vast and the information so plentiful, and often better written than my modest English, I am fluent in four languages including my mother tongue, so that it is easier to copy and paste.

Welcome to Optiboard, I see you recently joined.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I can't imagine paying for that framesdata website. Why? What are they doing that the manufacture's website can't? Also, that is just more nonsense for the unimaginative to fall into. Anyone who is in this business for the long haul isn't letting any website dictate their product. All of this keeps relating back to the fact that insurance rules the pricing market and that anyone who takes insurance deems it necessary to stay in business.

Chris, if you realllly want to help people take back the industry- show 'the people' how much of a scam eye insurance is. The prices are jacked up because of the massive discounting. If people didn't have vision plans, the prices would be drastically more affordable. You know what I do when people tell me they don't have insurance? I give them a discount anyways. Glasses are priced to be discounted. Doesn't that seem like the real culprit of the pricing structure?

You asked on another thread about other options to help optical thriving aside from the model you have presented. I think this one is a winner.

The thing is, everyone knows who owns what nowadays. Everyone has seen the special on 60 Minutes and everyone knows how to Google. We all know who the bad guys are. The problem is, that isn't the root of the problem. Nothing is going to change who owns what at this point.

BUT, if people stop buying vision plans (that almost cost nothing, and then they complain that they still have a portion to pay) and just got a good deal right from the get-go then wouldn't that be a win-win?
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    There are many posts on OptiBoard that do not interest me, and I just forget about them.

The internet is so vast and the information so plentiful, and often better written than my modest English, I am fluent in four languages including my mother tongue, so that it is easier to copy and paste.

Welcome to Optiboard, I see you recently joined.
    Nearing 23,000 posts on the board and there's many posts that don't interest you and you just forget about? Lol, Ok! And, what does that have to do with my comment? If you're not fluent in Enlglish, maybe you should work on it before cutting and pasting so much?

You obviously have an opinion. A STRONG one, heavily influenced by everything you read online. And maybe more than a little of a doomsday, conspiracy theory, big industry and insurance is out to kill us all mentality.

Yeah, I'm new around here but not new to the industry, been in it 20+ years. My insight is NOT limited, nor new.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Keep up the good work........................................................ ............................................................ ....................
    Last edited by Quig; 11-15-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Occupation

Some years back they had the *Frames Data Book* ..........................

Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post

All of this keeps relating back to the fact that insurance rules the pricing market and that anyone who takes insurance deems it necessary to stay in business.

Chris, if you really want to help people take back the industry- show 'the people' how much of a scam eye insurance is.

I can't imagine paying for that frames data website. Why? What are they doing that the manufacture's website can't? Also, that is just more nonsense for the unimaginative to fall into. Anyone who is in this business for the long haul isn't letting any website dictate their product. All of this keeps relating back to the fact that insurance rules the pricing market and that anyone who takes insurance deems it necessary to stay in business.
    Some years back they had the *Frames Data Book* you had to purchase on a yearly basis to keep updated on What was on the market.

i assume that being a commercial corporation they charged money to manufactures to get listed, and then sold the book to the opticians and made money on the two sides, developing and selling.

I have seen several posts right here on OptiBoard, that only frames that are listed in *Frames Data* are accepted by the insurance. That also smells not the right way………

Chris, if you really want to help people take back the industry- show 'the people' how much of a scam eye insurance is. The prices are jacked up because of the massive discounting. If people didn't have vision plans, the prices would be drastically more affordable. You know what I do when people tell me they don't have insurance? I give them a discount anyways. Glasses are priced to be discounted. Doesn't that seem like the real culprit of the pricing structure?
    Quince, I can not help anybody to take back the industry to where it used to be, I can only make suggestions that seem right to me, because they are based on some logical thinking, helped by some research on the web.

Glasses are overpriced these days out of many reasons, already at the import/wholesale stage, and then the optical retailer is adding his own standard markup on top of it.

You asked on another thread about other options to help optical thriving aside from the model you have presented. I think this one is a winner.

Thank you Quince, I am trying my best to help mentally, as well as I can.

The thing is, everyone knows who owns what nowadays. Everyone has seen the special on 60 Minutes and everyone knows how to Google. We all know who the bad guys are. The problem is, that isn't the root of the problem. Nothing is going to change who owns what at this point.
    You are right, people might agree, but are not in the mood to do anything
    about it, until it is too late, and the other side, has achieved its goal.
    Do not rock the boat,………………………. until it is too late.

The global world of conventional retail opticians is changing visibly, as it has on the manufacturing side, and the owners of the largest single sector are working hard to become the winners at the end.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Thank you...............

Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post

Nearing 23,000 posts on the board and there's many posts that don't interest you and you just forget about? Lol, Ok! And, what does that have to do with my comment? If you're not fluent in Enlglish, maybe you should work on it before cutting and pasting so much?

Yeah, I'm new around here but not new to the industry, been in it 20+ years. My insight is NOT limited, nor new.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Keep up the good work..............

Thank you...............I am trying to keep it peaceful, and you are entitled to post your opinions, that is why we are here.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Chris, many vision "insurances" reimburse based on wholesale frame value.

Occupation

Quince, I can not help anybody to take back the industry to where it used to be, I can only make suggestions that seem right to me, because they are based on some logical thinking, helped by some research on the web.

Glasses are overpriced these days out of many reasons, already at the import/wholesale stage, and then the optical retailer is adding his own standard markup on top of it.

Thank you Quince, I am trying my best to help mentally, as well as I can.
    I've always felt that your were promoting awareness of the situation- meaning the future of optical establishments. It is difficult because I know the US is in a very specific rut when it comes to healthcare and therefore vision insurance. After posting I realize that other countries have a variety of other pricing structures, though the cost of eyewear does not seem to fluctuate as much as other medical such as medication- which we have touched on on multiple occasions.

My point is that even though the US is at the bottom of the healthcare scale, the mark-up on glasses seems to be a global issue. I'm probably in over my head when it comes to 'fixing' the situation, but through my eyes, insurance is why the pricing is set the way it is in the States.

Going back to the original post- my problem with stories like this is because they become 'here's someone who can offer you glasses cheaper = optical shops are a ripoff' which is untrue. On at least a weekly basis I have to explain why someone with Eyemed who wants to shop at LC can have a Ray Ban sunglass for free. At the same time, someone can walk through the door and the first thing they ask is if we are owned by Lux and wants to see anything but Lux. Not a problem, I've almost gotten them completely off my shelf (except for the Ray Ban suns that I will always have to carry because everyone and their grandma has to have one.)

People either care about what they are buying or how much it costs. You don't see people looking for the best quality scoffing at the price. And you don't see the budget customer looking for handcrafted quality.

I find it commendable that you are so invested while hopefully enjoying your retirement. You have lived your life through the ups and downs of optical. But it is quite hard to stay motivated and keep a positive mindset through the posts of 'this is why online is going to take you out.' I've heard Laramy-K get some of the same criticism from their weekly newsletter. It's really hard to read that stuff all the time. I'm not saying we should be ignorant to it- just not have it be a constant.

I won't speak for anyone else, but I hope I was articulate enough to convey my thoughts clearly.

Occupation

Blue Jumper "insurances" reimburse based on wholesale frame value........................

Quote Originally Posted by pknsbeans View Post

Chris, many vision "insurances" reimburse based on wholesale frame value.
    ........interesting

now the question: where are you making any money, if you sell it at that price ?....or is the patient paying the difference between the reimbursement and your selling price ?

I have seen post's here saying that you have to up your selling price and give discounts ro patients without insurance.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    is the patient paying the difference between the reimbursement and your selling price ?
    If a frame benefit is $150 and they choose a $200 frame, many plans stipulate a discount on the $50 overage (mostly around 20% discount, so the patient is responsible for $40).

HOWEVER, and this is where many patients and/or outsiders are mistaken: the retailer does IN NO WAY, SHAPE or FORM receive the full $150 from the "insurance" company. The retailer typically receives less than HALF. So you can see where the markup is needed. And why a discount can be given to persons without vision "insurance."

The people paying for vision "insurance" are the customers and the providers. It works for the providers because it gives access to members. It works for the members because it must make them feel like they are paying less. Good for them. But in the end, everybody's paying the network for access they already had.

Occupation
    Well said pknsbeans!

Occupation

Redhot Jumper you don't see the budget customer looking for handcrafted quality. ..................

People either care about what they are buying or how much it costs.

You don't see people looking for the best quality scoffing at the price.

And you don't see the budget customer looking for handcrafted quality.

There is at least one more category of buyers in the world wide optical market. It is the next generation, consisting of high tech grown up ones, that is already, and or, will be the future majority customers, of the optical online retailers.

However their optical retailers are located somewhere, anywhere, and operate online

By following the trend over the last 10+ years, and very closely watching the developments from management, to products, and service as well as pricing, I believe that this part of the optical retail market is now the fastest growing one.

According to official figures in that sector, they controlled 17% of the eyeglass retail market, for the year 2017.

The largest investor in the online sellers, is the Essilor-Luxottica group, for which planning ahead, is one main factors in their business.

Occupation
    There is at least one more category of buyers in the world wide optical market. It is the next generation, consisting of high tech grown up ones, that is already, and or, will be the future majority customers, of the optical online retailers.

However their optical retailers are located somewhere, anywhere, and operate online
    I would place these in the category of caring about how much it costs. Not people looking for craftsmanship. What would be your classification?

Occupation

Blue Jumper Quince, .....................thank you for having raised this point.

I would place these in the category of caring about how much it costs. Not people looking for craftsmanship. What would be your classification?

Quince, .....................thank you for having raised this point.

My classification is based on a personal interest I have had, since the 1950's in my younger years:

Now that the mega merger of Essilor-Luxottica is legally complete, they are working hard to fine tune their huge multinational assets and the policies that go with it.

The combination of the 2 makes them instantly an optical emporium of high tech quality leaders, in the optical trade.

Essilor owned already the largest block of online optical s, before the merger, and has now considerably enlarged that.

Their main intention has always been to supply top quality in every field and selling price, without compromise, that they are involved in.
    -------------------------

On the quality supplied by the other optical online companies I can make no judgement, as I have no basic information on them.

However we should never forget that this fast growing new principle of buying and selling online directly, from the manufacturer, by bypassing the middlemen who also added to the cost of the product, is a growing new sales technology that not going away within in the near future.

The new International delivery systems can now deliver smaller goods within 2-3 days, cleared through customs, across the world.

Occupation

Blue Jumper VSP fully competes with Essilors-Luxottica EyeMed…………………….

VSP fully owns MARCHON

The VSP-owned Altair Eyewear became a division of Marchon and remains in its Rancho Cordova headquarters. VSP also gained ownership of the frame company Allure Eyewear, as well as OfficeMate Software Solutions.

https://www.google.ca/search?ei=42bw...60.qXijblAtaQ0

In 2005, a federal district judge in Sacramento, California found that VSP failed to prove that it is not organized for profit and that it operates primarily for promotion of the greater social welfare, as a 501(c)(4) is supposed to. Instead, the district court found, VSP operates much like a for-profit (with, for example, its executives getting bonuses tied to net income) and primarily for the benefit of its own member/subscribers, not for some greater social good and, thereafter, concluded it was not entitled to tax-exempt status under 501(c)(4).

In November 2005, the parties presented cases before a federal district judge. VSP asked to be confirmed as a social welfare organization under 26 U.S.C. §501(c)(4) and asked for return of the 2003 tax payments and an order that the United States issue it a private letter recognizing VSP’s 501(c)(4) status. The government asked for summary judgment on the grounds that VSP did not qualify for tax exemption under 501(c)(4). Judge Lawrence Karlton ruled against VSP on December 12, 2005. VSP argued that it qualified for exemption under 501(c)(4) because its operations were primarily for the promotion of social welfare through direct (contracted) services to broad segments of the community as well as through charity work. While Judge Karlton described VSP’s charitable work as admirable, he found that VSP failed to establish it operated primarily for the promotion of civic betterment's and social improvements within the meaning of the tax regulations.

Canada

In late 2007, VSP began to venture into Canada where it had served only Canadian-based employees of U.S. firms.[6] By 2012, VSP covered approximately 2,000 Canadians. In 2013, VSP Vision Care Canada entered into a partnership with FYi doctors, a private, optometry-owned eyecare provider with more than 400 optometrists at 212 locations throughout Canada. VSP would market, sell and administer its vision care insurance platform to employers across Canada.[7]

United Kingdom and Ireland

In 2013, VSP expanded its eyecare offerings to the United Kingdom and Ireland,doing business as VSP Neighborhood Eyecare, similar to the Australia and Canada ventures.[8] VSP partnered with the Association of Optometrists (AOP), National Eyecare Group (NEG); the U.K. branch of Italy’s Assicurazioni General S.p.A. insurance provider, Generali U.K.; and Thomsons Online Benefits, which specializes in helping companies around the world run their employee benefits programs.

Acquisitions

In July 2008, VSP announced its acquisition of the Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.-based Ultra Lens lab and partnered with the optical lab Perfect Optics in California.

In August 2008, VSP acquired the Melville, New York company Marchon Eyewear Inc. for $735 million with a combination of cash and debt after receiving regulatory approval from the California Department of Managed Care and the Connecticut Department of Insurance. The VSP-owned Altair Eyewear became a division of Marchon and remains in its Rancho Cordova headquarters. VSP also gained ownership of the frame company Allure Eyewear, as well as OfficeMate Software Solutions.

Marchon manufactures and sells branded and proprietary eyewear and sunwear for such brands as Calvin Klein Collection, Calvin Klein platinum, Calvin Klein Jeans, Chloé, Columbia Sportswear, Diane von Fürstenberg, Dragon, Etro, Flexon, G-Star RAW, Karl Lagerfeld, Lacoste, Liu·Jo, Marchon NYC, Marni, MCM Worldwide, Nautica, Nike, Nine West, Salvatore Ferragamo, Sean John, and Skaga.

Under the terms of the acquisition, Marchon became a wholly owned subsidiary. Marchon operates from its New York-based headquarters as an independent entity within the VSP organization.

In August 2008, the company was acquired by VSP, a major vision insurance company. Marchon is led by President Nicola Zotta, who has been with the company since 2009.

Marchon Eyewear, Inc. engages in the design, manufacture, and distribution of eyewear for customers worldwide. It offers floatable sunglasses and various frames. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Melville, New York with additional offices in Brazil, the United States, Canada, India, the United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Australia, Hong Kong, China, Japan, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, Turkey, Greece, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, France, and the Netherlands.

Marchon Eyewear, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Vision Service Plan Inc. = VSP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSP_Vision_Care

Marchon Eyewear Overview

Website www.marchon.com

Headquarters Melville, NY (US)

Size1001 to 5000 employees

Founded 1982

Type Subsidiary or Business Segment
    Industry Health, Beauty, & Fitness

Revenue$100 to $500 million (CAD) per year
    Competitors

https://www.glassdoor.ca/Overview/Wo...yRedirect=true

Marchon Website

Marchon has been shaped by the city. New York is in our DNA. It’s where we draw our inspiration and what sets us apart. Since 1983, we’ve been doing things our own way, keeping us at the forefront of the eyewear industry. From design and technological innovation to manufacturing and distribution, we have continued to drive trends, build brands and change what it means to be an eyewear company.
    http://www.marchon.com

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSP_Vision_Care

Vision Monday
    BUSINESS: Suppliers
    Marge Axelrad
    Monday, February 13, 2017 12:00 AM

Nicola Zotta: Diverse Portfolio and ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ Drives Marchon’s Approach

By Marge Axelrad
    Monday, February 13, 2017 12:00 AM

Zotta: We continue to believe that flexibility from a production perspective is at the core of our supply chain. We’ve made investments, like our new Italian acetate production for example, as well as our own expanded capabilities for injection in our Italy facility and new distribution facilities.

We don’t see Italybecoming dominant in our sourcing, we will continue to source from Japan, from China, and are looking for combination of technology, cost and speed. But today’s market is changing so much; it’s become fashionable to talk about ideas like ‘see now buy now,’ bandit's essential to innovate extremely quickly, shortening some traditional approaches to ‘time to market.’ We’ve made significant investments in our IT systems.

As we looked to streamline our supply chain, we recently made the decision to transition our Canadian distribution location and customer service operation to our U.S.headquarters in Melville, New York. This strategic decision was made to better serve and improve our Canadian accounts, and creates a more efficient operation that leverages Marchon’s broader infrastructure.

We are committed to Canada and our sales, marketing and finance teams remain at the Marchon office in Montreal.

continue:
    http://www.visionmonday.com/business...chons-approach
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 11-19-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Occupation

Blue Jumper About VSP Global - The History of Vision Service Plan (VSP) ........................

About VSP Global - The History of Vision Service Plan (VSP)

VSP'S HISTORY

In 1955, a small group of optometrists had a vision to provide access to affordable, high-quality eyecare to the world. They formed the first prepaid, not-for-profit vision benefit company, California Vision Services, the precursor to Vision Service Plan(VSP).
    Over the past 60-plus years,that vision has evolved into VSP Global, a doctor-governed company that exists to create value for members and opportunities for VSP network doctors.

source:
    https://vspglobal.com/cms/about-us/history.html

Occupation

Blue Jumper they also suddenly rank among the largest brand name frame manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by pknsbeans View Post

I agree with a lot of what Chris is driving at (why are you paying premium prices for much of your product, when you can get something similar without branding/big manufacture backing at MUCH less the price), but you are ignoring the biggest optical obstacle....vision "insurance."
    Yes, several plans do not require frames from frames data, but the biggest networks do.

Now we have finally established that VSP is not a benevolent organization, as they have made the optical retail world believe, for many years.

They are not only an eyeglass frame user and processor, they also suddenly own and rank among the largest brand name frame manufacturers and suppliers, under another name.

Having clarified the use use of frames, it makes sense that they make more difficult to use others, than their own frame lines.
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 11-22-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper Marchon Eyewear, Inc. and Victoria Beckham Ltd., ..............................

Marchon And Victoria Beckham Sign Global Licensing Agreement

By Daniel Feldman -

November 21, 2018

Marchon Eyewear, Inc. and Victoria Beckham Ltd., announced today that they have entered into an exclusive, long-term global licensing agreement for sun and optical eyewear.

New collections developed under the licensing agreement will roll-out globally beginning Fall 2019. The collections will be developed in Italy and will continue to embody Victoria Beckham’s intuitive and refined aesthetic, taking cues from the brand’s distinctively modern ready-to-wear and accessory offerings and sophisticated femininity.

see all of it:
    https://theopticalvisionsite.com/mar...ision+Site+%29

Occupation

Blue Jumper and the whole family is owned by ....................................

Quote Originally Posted by as listed by Google

VSP Global | VSP Global
    newsroom.vspglobal.com/vsp-global

VSP Global businesses include not-for-profit VSP® Vision Care, the largest vision ... Best Companies to Work For" list for nine consecutive years (2000-2008)

VSP GLOBAL

ABOUT VSP GLOBAL

VSP Global® unites industry-leading businesses to bring the highest quality eye care and eyewear products and services to help people see across the globe. VSP Global businesses include not-for-profit VSP® Vision Care, the largest vision care company with more than 72 million members and a network of 30,000 eye doctors in the U.S., Australia, United Kingdom, Canada and Ireland; Marchon® Eyewear Inc., one of the three largest global manufacturers, designers and distributors of quality fashion and technologically advanced eyewear and sunwear; Eyefinity®, the largest EHR and premier practice management software company for the eye care industry; VSP Optics Group, industry leaders in new lens technologies, production processes, service and logistics; and VSP Retail, delivering a memorable consumer experience through a variety of channels that meet the diverse needs of VSP customers. VSP Global businesses operate in 100 countries on 6 continents.
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 11-24-2018 at 04:30 AM.

Occupation
    Optometrist
    Just wait until plastic is not popular and people are walking around in base-metal exposed frames. It won't be pretty.

You can wear fake plastic for 6-12 months.

For a few bucks, many will wear OTC readers quality frames and lenses.

Thread Information