Thread: Get Patch?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Get Patch?

Anyone using get patch for insurance claims yet? Sounds intriguing and simple to use...but does it work?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by craigandi View Post
    Anyone using get patch for insurance claims yet? Sounds intriguing and simple to use...but does it work?
    When it works, it's great. When it doesn't, it's a nightmare. We've been using it for about 4 months. I'm iffy if I'll renew after the first year. Hoping for improvements with time.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Quig, what is the issue with it? Website down? or problem with insurance company?

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    We've had it for a few weeks now. I think we've done one successful claim? As it turns out- we will only be using it for VSP for the most part. Everything else that walks through our door is Martin's Point or Harvard Pilgram, which they aren't set-up with...
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Quig, what is the issue with it? Website down? or problem with insurance company?
    The only significant problem we've had is when the system can't find a patient and 'Verify' them. It's usually VSP and we get told that they don't have VSP or they don't have benefits, etc, etc... when we KNOW the customer is a current VSP subscriber. We end up going round and around with the online help and sooner or later they manage to find the patient. There's times it has taken DAYS. When that happens, I get pretty frustrated. We have however had plenty of good experiences. When it works, it works really, really well.

I've been reassured several times that the system is a work in progress and continually improving. The people I've dealt with at Patch have been very nice. I just hope that the system improves with time.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks for the replies, seems like a great idea that would benefit providers and patients. I can imaging insurers will do everything to crush it.

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    If you sign up to get GetPatch, the training setup fee is $300. Monthly fee will be $200

If you sign up for 1 year, they will waive the $300 training fee, $1920 for the year.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Does anyone have anything good to say about Patch? I've seen the demo from a sales person, it looks relatively easy to use.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist

Patch-don't waste your money!!

I was sold it would work. I bought a year's worth. My first 4-5 weeks, the website was either down or nothing could be retrieved. My staff and I would spend 20-30 minutes messaging with their operators and with no results. I went back and offered to pay them for 2-3 months worth of service for a partial refund; they refused. I look it at as an expensive mistake on part. I am hoping that others will not make the same mistake I did. If you are in network with spectera, vsp, etc it is faster to use those websites, or call the insurance then to use patch. It is WORTHLESS. Don't waste your time or money. I offered them a fair price for their worthless service and they refused. Obviously their customer service is a terrible as their program. Don't get fooled. Please AVOID!! I not just disgruntled. I am telling the truth. Buyer beware!

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Ophthalmologist
    Don't waste your money and your time! Try for a month never sign up for a year. It is always down. Customer service is terrible

Thread Information