Thread: Zeiss follows Essilor in worldwide donations .......................................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Zeiss follows Essilor in worldwide donations .......................................

Accordingto estimates from the WHO, global output could be increased by roughly 271 billion US dollars if allpatients with severe visual impairments received the appropriate eyewear.

eekGlobal Vision Crisis

of SHowever, the global crisis in relation to the numberof uncorrected visual defects that could be removed by eyeglasses or contactlenses is worsening. 2.2 billion people do not currently have access to eyecare, 625 million people have to live with defective vision or the threat ofblindness because there are simply no eye doctors or optometrists in theircountry who could examine their eyes and fit the appropriate eyewear. However,defective vision will increase around the globe in the future – because, forexample, the world population will grow faster than the number of optometrists,making it increasingly difficult to guarantee widespread eye care. But alsobecause our modern lifestyle poses new challenges to good and healthy vision.Experts estimate that 1 billion people will be affected by high myopia, or severeshort-sightedness, in 2050

2018As a responsible company and a leading supplier of medicalsolutions for eye and vision care, ZEISS together with the Christoffel Missionfor the Blind (CBM) and other partners is committed to ensuring that morepeople in all regions of the world gain access to this care.

What glasses help when, and why earlydetection is so important: what everyone should know about good vision iscontained in the brochure “A Clear View of Life“.

see all of it:
    https://www.zeiss.com/week-of-sight/...tml#didyouknow

- 15 October 2018

Occupation

Redhot Jumper The next to jump into the “quality onliner bandwagon” ...............................

The next to jump into the “quality onliner bandwagon” could be Zeiss, it looks like they are itching.

• However they have stayed away from retail operations, which could now change, as their largest and most visible quality competitor is heavily expanding into optical online retail sales.

• Zeiss also has a fully set up worldwide sales organization to serve the optical industry, and just has to add the online retail sales and their organization that these days can be centralized.

• I believe that they do not have much of a choice, and we could see some developments in the near future.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I was at a huge Zeiss conference in Berlin late last year, and they promised they will never compete against their customers. I have to say I believe them, and I don't feel I'm being naive.
    However, capturing market share in emerging markets under the guise of charity doesn't sit well with me. I find it to be so transparent.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Charity is the latest fashion to get attention ......................

Quote Originally Posted by Robert_S View Post

However, capturing market share in emerging markets under the guise of charity doesn't sit well with me. I find it to be so transparent.

Charity is the latest fashion by Essilor/Luxottica of getting the attention by governments and most probably also all the permits and help needed to operate in those areas.

.............also the advertising on the internet is very clear and aggressive.

Now that Zeiss has started on a very similar way of thinking on the web, I am having thoughts that they are changing their view of the situation. If they don't, the competition by the monster corporation will hurt their optical department eventually sooner or later.

Online marketing is becoming more and more acceptable, aggressive and bigger, so to plan, and adjust for the conventional retailer becomes a must.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper Four segments that shape technological progress ...............................

Here are all the details, where Zeiss is involved with optical manufacturing at the present.

There should be no problem for them to purchase one of the growing online opticals for a bundle of money and operate it under whatever name they want to.

The growing activities by Essilor-Luxottica might just about force them to do it, or lose some market shares in the optical.

ZEISS Group

Four segments that shape technological progress

Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology

A large proportion of all microchips around the globe are produced with optical technologies from ZEISS. As the technology leader in the field of semiconductor manufacturing equipment, ZEISS enables the production of increasingly powerful, more energy-efficient and more economical microchips, and thus plays a pivotal role in the age of microelectronics.

• Semiconductor Manufacturing Technology

Medical Technology

With its products and solutions for ophthalmology, neurosurgery, ENT surgery, dentistry and oncology, ZEISS helps drive progress in medicine and assists doctors all over the world in enhancing their patients' quality of life.
    · Medical Technology

Research & Quality Technology

ZEISS ensures standards of quality wherever maximum precision is a must: with coordinate measuring machines, metrology software and microscope systems for science, research and material inspection. ZEISS plays its part in ensuring that even the tiniest structures and processes become visible.
    · Development and Production Services for Businesses
    · Industrial Metrology
    · Microscopes, Imaging Software & Microscope Cameras
    · Spectroscopy

Vision Care / Consumer Products

As one of the world’s leading manufacturers of eyeglass lenses, ZEISS stands for maximum visual comfort. The movie and camera lenses, binoculars, spotting scopes, planetariums and sighting systems for flight simulators from ZEISS offer their users outstanding optical quality and therefore unforgettable moments.
    · Camera Lenses – still and motion picture, industrial applications
    · Planetariums
    · Simulation Projection Solutions
    · Sports Optics – rifle scopes, binoculars, and spotting scopes
    · Virtual Reality
    · Vision Care

source:
    https://www.zeiss.ca/corporate/en/home.html
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 10-21-2018 at 03:25 AM.

Thread Information