Thread: Another Ecommerce Innovation in RX Area

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)

Another Ecommerce Innovation in RX Area

https://www.businessinsider.com/glas...-review-2018-8

This time, Prescription Scanner, to obtain RX info and PD by checking your current eyeglasses.

Any comment?

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper This internet address is a scam ...........................

This internet address is a scam and wants a Dollar to access the information.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I don't know where the thread is but someone has used this on here, did not read the lenses within ANSI Standards.

I'm too busy remaking people's lenses from their Warby Parkers to worry about this right now.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    This internet address is a scam and wants a Dollar to access the information.
    Chris, here I copied from that address, the links have been deleted.

Here how it works:
    In order to use the Prescription Scanner App, you'll need a smartphone, a computer, your current glasses, and a credit card (for its magnetic property, not to pay for anything).

The first step is to connect your computer and phone via the APP. You can have a direct download link to the app sent to your phone from here. Once you've got the app on your phone, open it and scan the QR code on your computer screen to pair both devices.
    Next, you need to calibrate the size of your screen using a credit card. This makes sure that the measurements to follow are accurate. All you have to do is place your card on your computer screen in between the dots and line up the guidelines on your phone to match.

Once that's completed, you're ready to scan your current glasses for their prescription. While holding your glasses in the space between your computer and your phone, you'll follow a few in-app voice prompts to accurately read the lenses. The prompts include holding the lenses center with the eyes on the screen and slightly tilting the glasses back and forth. This step is the longest part of the process, but is still very quick at maybe 3 or 4 minutes. Keep in mind that the app only works on single vision prescriptions between -6.00 and +3.00 and a cylinder measurement lower than -2.50. Most people fall in between that threshold, but if your lenses are very strong, very weak, or bifocals, it won't accurately read them.

Next, you'll use your credit card again to measure your PD or pupillary distance. This is an important part of prescriptions because it ensures the power of your lens is at the center of your eye, not off to the side. Once the app is ready, it'll take a selfie to get the measurement.

Next, you fill out basic account information (name, email address, password, etc.) so that you can access your prescription results. The process was about 15 minutes from start to finish, and I was pleasantly surprised with a prescription that was identical to the one I had received from my eye doctor a few months back.

Although footed the bill this time, my glasses were less expensive than the pair I recently bought at LensCrafters — and that was without a promo code. With the current 40% and 60% off promotions at this site, you can save a lot more than with any deal going on in a traditional glasses store.
    Even without 20/20 vision, this Prescription Scanner App is a clear winner.
    Last edited by OcuSky; 09-08-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Thread Information