Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oh look. EyeMed messed it's pants. Yet Again.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper Level smart glasses began in 2015 .......................

EyeMed

Level smart glasses began in 2015 as the Project Genesis prototype within VSP Global's innovation lab, The Shop. A partnership and academic study with USC Center for Body Computing soon followed in 2016, with results published last September in the NEJM Catalyst (see "Why People Stick with or Abandon Wearable Devices").

"Our work with USC Center for Body Computing allowed us to apply a unique degree of academic rigor to the Level project," said Jay Sales, co-director of the VSP Global innovation lab, The Shop. "The opportunity to debut the prototype with a large test population was a critical step to first validating both the form factor and the technology. We knew we wanted to create something of value, not just another wearable novelty."

The Level technology, located inside the left temple of the frame, tracks steps, calories burned, distance, and total activity time. Users can also connect with friends and even locate a misplaced frame through the app's "Find My Glasses" feature.

See all of it:
    https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...300601611.html

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I have yet to have a single frame turn out to be in their database.

My favorite have been the jobs I've had today where I entered all the exam, lens, and frame information only to click SUBMIT and have nothing happen at all.
    This has frustrated me so much lately, however I have found a fix.

Start to file a claim like usual, then go back to the home page. On the left hand side, click CLAIMS, find your patient you were just working on, then click EDIT CLAIM. Now when you fill everything out and hit submit, it will actually get you to the next page.

These were the actual instruction from EYEMED lol.... what a joke.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Compulsive Truthteller OptiBoard Gold Supporter Uncle Fester's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    King- Advised the same from EM help- but I'm still thinking this is the start of them pushing everything through Frames Data.

Using our outlier lines may soon be a thing of the past.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester View Post
    King- Advised the same from EM help- but I'm still thinking this is the start of them pushing everything through Frames Data.

Using our outlier lines may soon be a thing of the past.
    I carry tons of frames that are in the Frames database. EyeMed has yet to recognize one of them.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I wonder if the idea here is to strong-arm dispensaries into using Lux-only frames with Eyemed patients, or something along those lines.

Best of luck with that.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    oh yeh..now they to get their noses in what frames we are selling...just try to submit a pair of glasses these days......"we're aware of the issues..you can submit a paper claim instead"...NOT!!!..this company sucks bigtime

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Aaaannnnnnnd...their site was down for us again for another couple hours this morning.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Man this sounds terrible. I hope for the sake you guys that its straightened out before the vision care / HSA rush

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I just added a new lab account to my EM portal yesterday and today it's gone.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper EyeMed......................................

EyeMed

Fields and Definitions

User ID – Enter the user ID provided to you upon registration.

Password – Enter your password; passwords must be 8 or more characters long and contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number. You cannot use special characters or symbols, and you cannot use the same password more than once.

register?

To register Common Questions

How do I, complete the online request form available at www.eyemedinfocus.com.

What are the minimum system requirements?
    For secure access required by new international security regulations, at a minimum upgrade to Google Chrome version 40, Google Android OS browser 5.1 - 5.1.1, Mozilla Firefox 34, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge 12, Apple Safari 1, Apple Safari mobile 3, Opera mobile 8 or more up-to-date versions.

Why can’t I log in?

You may have trouble logging in for the following reasons:

• Hours of Operation - The system is available Monday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (ET) and from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.
    • Lock Out Period - After 3 unsuccessful attempts to log in, the user account will be locked. Please use the Forgot Password link to reset your password.
    • Account Inactivity-If you do not log in for 120 days, your account will be disabled. Please complete call 888.581.3648 to reactivate your account.

I forgot my password.

If you have forgotten your password, use the Forgot Password link to reset it.

Why do I have to change my password?

For security reasons, you must change your temporary password when you enter the system for the first time, and you’ll be prompted to change your password every 120 days after that. Passwords must be 8 or more characters long and contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number. You cannot use special characters or symbols, and you cannot use the same password more than once.
    What do you mean by “Secure” site area?
    EyeMed takes security and privacy very seriously. This part of our Web site requires a valid User ID and password in order to enter. We have adopted the latest technology and standards for online security. In addition, we will not sell, distribute or share your information with any outside party.

See at:
    Fields and Definitions

User ID – Enter the user ID provided to you upon registration.

Password – Enter your password; passwords must be 8 or more characters long and contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number. You cannot use special characters or symbols, and you cannot use the same password more than once.

register?

To register Common Questions
    How do I, complete the online request form available at www.eyemedinfocus.com.

What are the minimum system requirements?
    For secure access required by new international security regulations, at a minimum upgrade to Google Chrome version 40, Google Android OS browser 5.1 - 5.1.1, Mozilla Firefox 34, Microsoft Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge 12, Apple Safari 1, Apple Safari mobile 3, Opera mobile 8 or more up-to-date versions.

Why can’t I log in?

You may have trouble logging in for the following reasons:

• Hours of Operation - The system is available Monday through Saturday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. (ET) and from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (ET) on Sunday.
    • Lock Out Period - After 3 unsuccessful attempts to log in, the user account will be locked. Please use the Forgot Password link to reset your password.
    • Account Inactivity-If you do not log in for 120 days, your account will be disabled. Please complete call 888.581.3648 to reactivate your account.

I forgot my password.

If you have forgotten your password, use the Forgot Password link to reset it.

Why do I have to change my password?

For security reasons, you must change your temporary password when you enter the system for the first time, and you’ll be prompted to change your password every 120 days after that. Passwords must be 8 or more characters long and contain at least 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter and 1 number. You cannot use special characters or symbols, and you cannot use the same password more than once.

What do you mean by “Secure” site area?EyeMed takes security and privacy very seriously. This part of our Web site requires a valid User ID and password in order to enter. We have adopted the latest technology and standards for online security. In addition, we will not sell, distribute or share your information with any outside party.

See at:
    https://claims.eyemedvisioncare.com/...execution=e1s1

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    OMG!!!!! I submitted and frame and lenses!!!!!!!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    oh yeh..now they to get their noses in what frames we are selling...just try to submit a pair of glasses these days......"we're aware of the issues..you can submit a paper claim instead"...NOT!!!..this company sucks bigtime
    You need the work around.

When you get the authorization don't bother filling everything in.

Go directly to "Claims", you should see the patient with a 6 or 7 digit number in blue(?) to the left

Click on the number then "Edit Claim".

It should work for any frame from there.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    this is the answer I was looking for.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by gaspoweredrobot View Post
    If you get locked into finding a frame that isn't in their database (we had a Tom Ford for example that we couldn't look up,) we just select the House Brands option and type in whatever info we can from there. We figured this out only after calling Eyemed up and asking what we could do for these frames, and their answer was to file a paper claim! Sorry y'all but I have literally anything else to do with my time than that.
    this is gold

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    tried this..doesn't work for me :(

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    tried this several time with various frames..did not work for me..wondering if Im doing something wrong???

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    tried this several time with various frames..did not work for me..wondering if Im doing something wrong???
    Did you try my way?

You may need to fill in a few initial lines before bailing to the "Claims" way.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I tried both ways but...finally found how to put in house brands "house collections" ala eyemed...and got 2 submitted this morning..hoo-ray!!!!

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    looks like all of my frames are now going to be "house collections"..ugh

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Should we all not be putting all frames in as 'house?' Pretty sure I don't want them knowing what I am selling, but things on my side seem to have gone back to normal. Not sure why... but I'm thankful it hasn't been asking me for frames details anymore.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    maybe they finally realized that their IT foks had major screw-ups and went back to the old way..im hoping

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I finally had a frame show up in their database. Yay!

But now all my labs are gone no matter how I re-enter them, so I can't actually order anything.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I finally had a frame show up in their database. Yay!

But now all my labs are gone no matter how I re-enter them, so I can't actually order anything.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Update, if you're going the House Brands route, you'll want to hit the bit at the top that says (paraphrasing from memory, sorry) "Can't find what you're looking for? Search here" and just finish filling the form out as usual. It's the clickable link right above the fields where you'd type everything into.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks..was having issues yet again

Thread Information