Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coastal is back with new website .....................................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lab Insight View Post
    To be specific, it was $435 million, and never made a single dollar profit in its history.
    So it paid no taxes but reinvested everything back into the company?

Comment

............so I am assuming that they did not get blindfolded into this venture.....

To be specific, it was $435 million, and never made a single dollar profit in its history.

..............however I would bet all the tea in China, that none of any share holders of that corporation was unhappy with the amount they got paid for that sudden value increase of their shares.

.............furthermore E is a company that studies every move they make in depth and at length into the future and take their time doing it.

............so I am assuming that they did not get blindfolded into this venture and their future, and will be able to prove your statement invalid in due time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Ryser View Post
        ..............however I would bet all the tea in China, that none of any share holders of that corporation was unhappy with the amount they got paid for that sudden value increase of their shares.

.............furthermore E is a company that studies every move they make in depth and at length into the future and take their time doing it.

............so I am assuming that they did not get blindfolded into this venture and their future, and will be able to prove your statement invalid in due time.
        Chris, the only one laughing on that deal is Roger Hardy. In fact, he laughed so hard on that grand slam he opened up his own investment firm.

Top brass have sheepishly admitted it was the worst acquisition they have ever done, not for just the monetary amount vs ROI, but also how it seriously affected their ECP business, loss of sponsorships and resulting lawsuit with the colleges.

But on the bright side, they have done many stellar deals that have performed as expected. Other big players in Canada can't say the same.

Comment

Enough of this continuous 'Clearly' bashing. Let us put this thread to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by tmorse View Post
            Tmorse, who's bashing? Simple facts being tossed around. I'm certain they sponsor you're program.

Comment

Enough of this continuous 'Clearly' bashing.............................

Originally posted by tmorse View Post

One does not kill a thread that shows on today's date:
              Replies:19 and Views: 1,016 in a period of 17 days.

Obviously, there must be a general interest in a subject, to attract that many viewers over such a short period of time.

Optical retail business history is being made and changed these days, and the outcome is not yet all totally clear.

Comment

Simple facts being tossed around. I'm certain they sponsor you're program.
                Sponsoring my program? I wish! They have sponsored my program as much as you have.

Comment

Organize during waiting time .................................

With longer road to merger approvals, companies must weigh risk of delay

JOHN BODRUG
                  CONTRIBUTED TO THE GLOBE AND MAIL
                  PUBLISHED SEPTEMBER 4, 2018 UPDATED SEPTEMBER 5, 2018

John Bodrug is a partner at Davies Ward Phillips andVineberg LLP.

As global M&A activity continues to grow, so too does the merger review timeline for complex multinational deals. In some cases, the review process can extend well over a year. Eyewear maker Luxottica and ophthalmic lens maker Essilor recently announced that they expect to close their merger in late September after receiving clearance in China, more than 18 months after announcing their proposed transaction in January, 2017.Similarly, Dow/Dupont and Bayer/Monsanto each took about 20 months to obtain regulatory clearances, while Agrium/PotashCorp took about 15 months. In Canada,the Competition Bureau’s average review time for complex mergers has increased from about 36 days in 2015-16 to almost 53 days in 2017-18.

In light of this trend, companies considering embarking on a merger transaction may need to prepare for a lengthy – and potentially costly– period of uncertainty. Pending regulatory approvals, the businesses normally cannot be integrated, creating challenges for managers while competitors seek to exploit the uncertainty by targeting key employees, customers and suppliers.

One reason for some of these delays is that competition authorities are increasingly looking beyond the typical “horizontal”competition issue, which focuses on whether the parties are direct competitors and whether the merger will allow the new entity to raise prices in the market in which the parties compete.

They are now also more closely scrutinizing “vertical”mergers between a customer and a supplier, as in the case of Luxottica and Essilor. While Luxottica and Essilor each have some retail operations, their businesses are largely complementary: Luxottica sells eyewear while Essilor Makes lenses. Consequently, the focus of global competition regulators appears to have been on whether the transaction would allow the merged entity to foreclose competition in lenses or frames by tying or bundling their products together or otherwise restrict access to their products by downstream competitors.

Continue reading:
                  https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busi...longer-road-to
                  Last edited by Chris Ryser; 09-14-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Except for the shareholders, I have yet to meet anyone that has said this potential merger is exciting great news. Even the employees that I still know working there seem concerned about their long term future going forward.

We all know that giant mergers most always result in job cuts across the board after the 2 year grace period.

It would be interesting if this merger suddenly went sideways and does not get its final approval. Although the lawyers will always be smiling.

Comment

It would be interesting if this merger suddenly went sideways .......................

It would be interesting if this merger suddenly went sideways and does not get its final approval. Although the lawyers will always be smiling.

Do not worry..................it will give them more time for all the changes they have to make.

The rebirth from Clearly to the old "Coastal" is only one thing that needed doing.

The merger most probably will not go sideways, as the cash box is still rattling, to help the poor across the underdeveloped world counties.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Ryser View Post
                        Do not worry..................it will give them more time for all the changes they have to make.

The rebirth from Clearly to the old "Coastal" is only one thing that needed doing.

The merger most probably will not go sideways, as the cash box is still rattling, to help the poor across the underdeveloped world counties.
                        Clearly could supply those specs to those underdeveloped countries? They would get a huge charitable donation tax receipt for the philanthropy work and turn that ink from red to black?

Comment

Clearly could supply those specs to those underdeveloped countries? They would get a huge charitable donation tax receipt for the philanthropy work and turn that ink from red to black?

.................there is also somebody else in the optical that owns the domain "clearly" :

at: http://clearly.com

Comment

Working...
                          X