Thread: Anyone using Sunsync?

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Anyone using Sunsync?

We are considering using sunsync for our patients that have VSP. I like that they offer a few different versions and the handful of patients that we have put in the sunsync plus have been pleased with it. My only hesitation is our past experience with sunsync on the mobile lenses delaminating. It seems that VSP quietly did away with the product without ever acknowledging what happened. So I am just wanting to get some outside opinions of the current product offering.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Yeah its a good photochromic. Especially the Sunsync Plus, regular sunsynce is pretty good too, but Plus really gets dark fast and lightens up very fast also. Plus is only available as surfaced and gray though.

Regular Sunsync sometimes keeps a bit of a tint when "clear" but then again so can Transitions depending on the materials.

VSP patients get VSP lenses whenever possible round my way, I explain to them their managed vision care company gears them towards these lenses and Via lenses are good lenses. The rule in my office is if they ask for something specific then they get that, if they don't then we choose the best lens for them. For most people that have VSP that is going to be a via family of lens for progressive

Optician Extraordinaire
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have a pair of the Sunsync Plus. I love how fast they lighten but they don’t seem to get as dark as transitions 7 when it’s hot.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Happylady View Post
    I have a pair of the Sunsync Plus. I love how fast they lighten but they don’t seem to get as dark as transitions 7 when it’s hot.
    Funny you said this, I am literally remaking a pair FOR THIS EXACT reason right now... This obviously wasn't a problem in the early spring...

Oh well, Essilor you win again...

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I have two pair. It's definitely the fastest-lightening photochromic I've seen.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I've seen some suynsync grey go purple in a short period of time. Reminds me of the old sunsensors from back in the day.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Thread Information