Thread: Luxottica message ro shareholder..............................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper Luxottica message to shareholders..............................

We continue to have a great focus on innovation. Again this year, we introduced approximately 2,000 new models, along with new materials and processes, giving life to collections that were well received in every market. We also made major investments to strengthen both the digital infrastructure along the entire supply chain and the IT platforms that today connect Luxottica directly with the market, from customers to consumers, and bring in store our true omnichannel experience. We have presented to the market the store of the future, easily sus*tainable, where digital integrates and completes the physical experience, break*ing down barriers such as the limitation of physical spaces and the availability of products in store. The transformation is in progress.

Today we have over 4,000 windows equipped with digital screens in the Group’s retail chains and in select independent optical stores, as well as large-scale installations, such as the Times Square mega screen in New York. They already allow a visual communication in real time with millions of people in the most prestigious streets and neighborhoods all over the world. 2018 saw the start of a new project dedicated to our wholesale customers, where we expect to install over 20,000 digital windows.

March 2018
    Leonardo Del Vecchio

see all of it:

http://www.luxottica.com/en/about-us...r-shareholders
    Last edited by Chris Ryser; 08-03-2018 at 03:00 AM.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    We continue to have a great focus on innovation. Again this year, we introduced approximately 2,000 new models, along with new materials and processes, giving life to collections that were well received in every market. We also made major investments to strengthen both the digital infrastructure along the entire supply chain and the IT platforms that today connect Luxottica directly with the market, from customers to consumers, and bring in store our true omnichannel experience. We have presented to the market the store of the future, easily sus*tainable, where digital integrates and completes the physical experience, break*ing down barriers such as the limitation of physical spaces and the availability of products in store. The transformation is in progress.

Today we have over 4,000 windows equipped with digital screens in the Group’s retail chains and in select independent optical stores, as well as large-scale installations, such as the Times Square mega screen in New York. They already allow a visual communication in real time with millions of people in the most prestigious streets and neighborhoods all over the world. 2018 saw the start of a new project dedicated to our wholesale customers, where we expect to install over 20,000 digital windows.

March 2018
    Leonardo Del Vecchio

see all of it:

http://www.luxottica.com/en/about-us...r-shareholders
    Certainly seems like wholesale ECP's are now passe and taking a backseat to their much more preferred digital B2C direct platform where they have no interference and will fetch larger margins.

Welcome to the world of domination where we thank you for your time and dedication in helping us get to where we are today, but unfortunately are now headed in another direction and no longer need you. And to rub salt in the wound, we are now your full time competitor.

Oh, one last thing........if you still want to buy our brands, you can get them online and pay wholesale cost which ironically equals consumer cost. Seems kinda silly to do all that work to entertain the customer in your store and make zero margin? No wonder the black market on these products are thriving and the quality is equivalent.

Good times.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post
    Certainly seems like wholesale ECP's are now passe and taking a backseat to their much more preferred digital B2C direct platform where they have no interference and will fetch larger margins.

Welcome to the world of domination where we thank you for your time and dedication in helping us get to where we are today, but unfortunately are now headed in another direction and no longer need you. And to rub salt in the wound, we are now your full time competitor.

Oh, one last thing........if you still want to buy our brands, you can get them online and pay wholesale cost which ironically equals consumer cost. Seems kinda silly to do all that work to entertain the customer in your store and make zero margin? No wonder the black market on these products are thriving and the quality is equivalent.

Good times.
    +100

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Please look into the future and tell me what this means. Yikes?

Occupation

Blue Jumper Please look into the future and tell me what this means............................

Quote Originally Posted by haliopt View Post

The future has already started over 10 years ago. However it got only embraced by computer savvy, younger people, who are becoming the next older generation very fast.

These days when major retail corporations are closing their stores, because because the buyers are turning more and more towards purchasing directly online from the product distributors, and lately even from the manufacturers who sell their goods at the wholesale price level over the internet.

The old argument that optical service on their online goods is not available by the optical retail sector, will be countered by the EssiLux merger, by offering the service in their already owned over 10,000 stores world wide and more coming.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Zoltar says the crystal ball is showing increased competition by your suppliers, poor service, long delays and higher costs.

Zoltar also says run while you still can!!!!!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter lensmanmd's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Wholesale Lab (other positions)
    Zoltar is wise.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by lensmanmd View Post
    Zoltar is wise.
    So is Karnack but not as good as Zoltar. Karnack needs to put a sealed envelope on his forehead!

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I sold my office on June 15th. I had an appraisal by Roi corporation. They listed it on their National listing site. I had 1,045 views of the office.
    The full appraisal was sent to those that signed a non-disclosure agreement. A very smooth sale because my representative handled all the paperwork.
    Still working to help with the transition for the next 3 months. I highly recommend this business brokerage. Dentists have been selling their practices like this way for years. PM me for further details if you are a Canadian Optometrist looking to buy or sell or get an appraisal for an associate buy-in.
    Or just sign up for notification of new listings. The basic listing on the website shows Gross sales, appraised value, asking price and cash flow. Educational, interesting and fun.

Occupation

Blue Jumper Congratulations, ..................now you can relax in peace.

I sold my office on June 15th. I had an appraisal by Roi corporation. They listed it on their National listing site. I had 1,045 views of the office.

Congratulations, ..................now you can relax in peace.

However it would have been interesting to let us know to what kind of a purchaser you sold to......................

Another Optometrist, a retail chain or some corporation ?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    An Optician.

Occupation
    That is good, as long as he-she is independent.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    She is. Although, corporate certainly is on the move acquiring independent offices. R.O.'s and O.D.'s

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    She is. Although, corporate certainly is on the move acquiring independent offices. R.O.'s and O.D.'s
    Confirm you recently sold your practice to an independent optician? Who is corporate referring to I'm curious.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper As far as I understand ...........................

As far as I understand it was confirmed to be independent.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    As far as I understand it was confirmed to be independent.
    Independent ownership does not usually intertwine with corporate directives, unless it's a franchise, hence my curiousity.

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My reply does seem confusing. The new owner is independent.
    The business is now owned by an independent. Corporate companies is also actively acquiring offices.
    "She is. Although, corporate certainly is on the move acquiring independent offices. R.O.'s and O.D.'s"

Occupation

Thanks for clarifying the issue....................

My reply does seem confusing. The new owner is independent.

Thanks for clarifying the issue. I am glad to hear that independents still can find conventional solutions, otherwise all we hear these days is that the store was sold to *New Look*.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Thanks for clarifying the issue. I am glad to hear that independents still can find conventional solutions, otherwise all we hear these days is that the store was sold to *New Look*.
    Acquisition is not always a dirty word. It just depends on what stage of your career one is at, and can be a welcome friend for an independent when retirement is on the mind.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post
    Acquisition is not always a dirty word. It just depends on what stage of your career one is at, and can be a welcome friend for an independent when retirement is on the mind.
    Back to #1 on this thread before it got convoluted.......As an independent 3-O follow these 4 principles.
    1. Give your customer the best quality product and service without un-needed add on's.
    2. Give your customer the best quality product and service without un-needed add on's.
    3. Give your customer the best quality product and service without un-needed add on's.
    4. Support your independent supplier

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What are 20,000 digital windows?
    Also, if the model is to have people get service from essilux brick and mortar locations, how can they sell for cheap online and still make enough money to keep the locations open?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    What are 20,000 digital windows?
    Also, if the model is to have people get service from essilux brick and mortar locations, how can they sell for cheap online and still make enough money to keep the locations open?
    Digital windows could be their attempt to look like they're actually doing something for and supporting the ECP while they compete with you.

My guess is they will be utilizing ECP locations (rural small population) where they have zero or little access to consumers and use the ECP as a sales platform and showroom for their products.

You may get the sale this time, but they will gather all of the consumer's information via the window, then market directly to them and plant the seed for the next time they purchase, bypassing the ECP on the next sales cycle.

Remember, as big as they are, they can't afford to lose any market share through any sales channel and need locations in every demographic to meet their forecasts and satisfy the shareholders and will do it however they need to.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper

They are the manufacturers of the frames and lenses. Their cost is the lowest you can go.

Their online sales prices are slightly higher than their original wholesale prices.

Thread Information