Thread: This morning I posted the link to the "British Guardian article".....................

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Redhot Jumper This morning I posted the link to the "British Guardian article".....................

This morning I posted the link to the "British Guardian article" which is first that is totally a complete write up on the Essilux merger and its possible subsequences for all of us in this field.

It is a must to read it once, and then again, and remember all the details just to see what could and probably will happen.

If you have not seen it go back to the main Forum and make sure you read it and maybe even print it out.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    This morning I posted the link to the "British Guardian article" which is first that is totally a complete write up on the Essilux merger and its possible subsequences for all of us in this field.

It is a must to read it once, and then again, and remember all the details just to see what could and probably will happen.

If you have not seen it go back to the main Forum and make sure you read it and maybe even print it out.
    Fear mongering aside, people should be very concerned about their long term future. People by nature are creatures of habit and fear change, even when it is their own doing. Then imagine the alternative.

Lux's delivery times have gotten to be the worse I've ever seen. It now takes an average of 2 weeks for a single frame to arrive that is in stock from the warehouse in Atlanta, which is beyond pathetic. A carrier pigeon would be faster.

The funny thing is (not really) is my acquaintances that own Pearle franchises (owned by Lux) get their products in about 3-4 days.

Coincidence?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

The funny thing is (not really) is my acquaintances that own Pearle franchises (owned by Lux) get their products in about 3-4 days.

Coincidence?
    This is not a new thing. I remember years ago having a frame that was backordered and being told that they fill all backorders to their own stores first before private practices regardless of date of the original order. Definitely not a coincidence! I also remember when I was at a store that carried Oakley suns that they could not provide us sample lenses that if we wanted the lenses. We would have to have the actual suns in stock (thus requiring us to stock more than our desired number).

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation

Confused

Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post
    This is not a new thing. I remember years ago having a frame that was backordered and being told that they fill all backorders to their own stores first before private practices regardless of date of the original order. Definitely not a coincidence! I also remember when I was at a store that carried Oakley suns that they could not provide us sample lenses that if we wanted the lenses. We would have to have the actual suns in stock (thus requiring us to stock more than our desired number).
    Great service and I'm sure will only get better. PFFFT.

Speaks for itself.

Occupation

Redhot Jumper That seems to be the Lux way of protecting and preferring their own retail outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight View Post

That seems to be the Lux way of protecting and preferring their own retail outlets.

Now that E will be the final policy maker, and they are geared in the way of creating public interest for their products through education and big time advertising, old policies might change in the near future.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post
    That seems to be the Lux way of protecting and preferring their own retail outlets.

Now that E will be the final policy maker, and they are geared in the way of creating public interest for their products through education and big time advertising, old policies might change in the near future.
    It's all perception, smoke and mirrors Chris. It's an endless tsunami wave of swagger in the global quest to be King of Thrones, optical edition.

The public marketing campaign is second to none and not by mistake. They are now house hold brand names like Kleenex, Windex, google. Now all they have to do is steer all those people to their new network of retail locations bypassing the other available outlets and voila, mission accomplished.

Twenty odd years ago, I recall when Lux began purchasing retail chains such as Sears, Pearle, Lenscrafters etc...there was a huge boycott to stop selling their frame brands by independents because nobody wants to buy from their competitor. I just happened to work for one of these people back then and the little guys really thought they could hurt them.

Guess what - the little guys couldn't live without the brands as RayBan, Persol, Sferoflex etc because consumers are what drives the sales, not the other way around. Lux only became stronger in the end and gobbled up a few more retailers to boot.

Fast forward to today and there is one humongous checkmate called the internet which is a glorious low cost platform that reaches anywhere globally at the click of a button. Today's business model doesn't require ECP's any longer.

I wonder if Sting or Elton will be performing at their wedding?
    Last edited by Lab Insight; 07-26-2018 at 05:28 AM.

Occupation

Blue Jumper They are now household brand names like .............................

Quote Originally Posted by Lab Insight

The public marketing campaign is second to none and not by mistake. They are now household brand names like Kleenex, Windex, Google. Now all they have to do is steer all those people to their new network of retail locations bypassing the other available outlets and voila, mission accomplished.

Very well said Lab Insight..............................

After the wedding they will intensify the promotions for their online sales as per their announcements.

That should wake up some of the retailers who seem to be without worry.

Thread Information