Thread: First Losses

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Crier First Losses

Saddamed to hear that we have lost 12 of our finest....Comes the day after reports that helicopters are dangerous to use in these areas due to very heavy wear by the sand....

May they be the first and last....
    I fear not..

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    That was most unfortunate. Choppers and sand never mix. One would have thought that problem would have been fixed after the Iran disaster under Jimmy Carter.

Banned
    Only City in the World built over a Volcano
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    It's very hard to get God to stop a sandstorm. Any war that goes for 3 days with one or two combat casualties can't be too bad. Our flyboys can kill themselves in helicopters over here in good terrain just as well if not better than they are doing over there in sandstorms.

On the good side, I hear that the Irocies are waving U.S. flags and inviting our solgiers into thier homes for dinner.

If you fly enough hellicopters enough times some of you will die. They are that kind of aircraft. One in four hospital helicopters has a crash each year.

Chip

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

I would like to know ...

how many of our young men and women are killed each day in the line of duty when there is no war or confrontation. My guess, as least one. Just a guess.

A high-school classmate who enlisted in the Marines was killed along with others, when the breaks failed on his military truck. This is the same guy who 1 year earlier save my life! A Boy Scout saved this farm boy from drowning in the river near our town. This boy enlisted in the AirForce but was denyed admission for physical reasons, but the Boy Scout who saved my life was killed in a training training exercise - as many others have been. Is life fair? No! But we all have to live in / with it.

May our fine young men and women be kept safe and may they not have to take any more lives than absolutely necessary to bring a peaceful resolution to the present crisis.

Bad address email on file John R's Avatar
    Occupation
    Consumer or Non-Eyecare field

Crier

We now hear 2 of our sea kings off Ark Royal have collided and killed 7 members of crew...
    As this is our ome town ship it makes matters worse....

God rest lads you have laid your lifes in vain....

Ophthalmic Optician
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    John R said:

God rest lads you have laid your lifes in vain....

In vain ? I consider the liberation of the oppressed quite a purposeful mission. If the mission ultimately fails, it may be in vain. Your troops, alongside our are not failing.

Thread Information