Thread: Ethos Progressive

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist

Ethos Progressive

Yesterday we received an email from VSP about a new progressive lens that falls in category K. It promise all the bell and whistles, but the patient does not have a copay for it(The way I read the email.). It goes into effect 7-1-2018. Has anybody had any experience with this lens? It is supposed to be a new lens, but looking category K there is already an Ethos lens listed.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    yeah its alright. nothing to write home about but fully covered for the federal insurance people

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I talked to a VSP rep, she said that the reason that they have come out with this lens that's covered is to push people out of FT-28 and tri. She said the new Ethos is an upgrade from the Ethos Classic. pbrownlee if you pm me I can email you the information that I got from VSP about the new lens. I've got information on the new lens as well as a fitting chart. She also said that the Unity AR's are going to be phased out by the end of the year. They are trying to push their new Techshield AR. They are working on the pricing since techshield is alot more than the Unity AR.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by bta89 View Post
    I talked to a VSP rep, she said that the reason that they have come out with this lens that's covered is to push people out of FT-28 and tri. She said the new Ethos is an upgrade from the Ethos Classic. pbrownlee if you pm me I can email you the information that I got from VSP about the new lens. I've got information on the new lens as well as a fitting chart. She also said that the Unity AR's are going to be phased out by the end of the year. They are trying to push their new Techshield AR. They are working on the pricing since techshield is alot more than the Unity AR.
    I have a pair of lenses with TechShield on the way. I'll let you know how they come out.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We had a patient that got the Techshield in January. She did not like it compared to Unity Elite that she had always gotten

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I have found techshield to be better personally, much less newtonian rings than Unity was. Or its exactly the same AR and just rebranded.

I love the Via lenses, compared to that Plxtra stuff its much better. I'm pretty sure they are both IOT based designs, but I have had great success with the Via. We don't take much insurance, but we take VSP and most of those people are getting Via Elites with Techshield and have been extremely happy.

FWIW

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
    I have found techshield to be better personally, much less newtonian rings than Unity was. Or its exactly the same AR and just rebranded.

I love the Via lenses, compared to that Plxtra stuff its much better. I'm pretty sure they are both IOT based designs, but I have had great success with the Via. We don't take much insurance, but we take VSP and most of those people are getting Via Elites with Techshield and have been extremely happy.

FWIW
    I love the Unity Via Elites I got last year. I think we are headed in this direction as well.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by AngeHamm View Post
    I love the Unity Via Elites I got last year. I think we are headed in this direction as well.
    Marchon still makes the worst frames that I even let in the dispensary, and these days its hard to find any... Actually I can't because they are all gone from the floor.

I'll play the game if you come correct, but people don't come to me because I have the same frames as the other places (you will find some rayban here though) . They come to me because they know if I say a lens is using the best technology and will be fit with experience and precision and finished at a great lab (or at mine, because I damn well will step up and finish a lens better then some wholesale lab if I think it needs to be done. Which is more often than you would think.)

We may not be in the "premier" program, but our patient satisfaction doubles the average in the area.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallboy View Post
    I'll play the game if you come correct, but people don't come to me because I have the same frames as the other places (you will find some rayban here though) . They come to me because they know if I say a lens is using the best technology and will be fit with experience and precision and finished at a great lab (or at mine, because I damn well will step up and finish a lens better then some wholesale lab if I think it needs to be done. Which is more often than you would think.)
    Sounds exactly like us.

Thread Information