Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Multiple Mirrors

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Jeez... tough crowd around here!

I applaud the job and the fact that Quince embraced a customer's desire for something a bit different and helped her get what she wanted. The bs about no lab in the country would do it is hilarious. I would not have even the slightest problem producing a job like that if it was what the customer wanted. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy it when a customer wants something a little (or a lot!) out of the ordinary and will spend significant time and attention seeing to it that they get just what they want. And that's when I get what I want, which is a happy customer who's very likely to be back and also very likely to recommend our shop while also being a walking advertisement.

What a buncha sticks in the mud. Some of you need to to relax a little and get out more.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post

I applaud the job and the fact that Quince embraced a customer's desire for something a bit different and helped her get what she wanted. The bs about no lab in the country would do it is hilarious. I would not have even the slightest problem producing a job like that if it was what the customer wanted. In fact, I thoroughly enjoy it when a customer wants something a little (or a lot!) out of the ordinary and will spend significant time and attention seeing to it that they get just what they want. And that's when I get what I want, which is a happy customer who's very likely to be back and also very likely to recommend our shop while also being a walking advertisement.

What a buncha sticks in the mud. Some of you need to to relax a little and get out more.
    It's a forum where people are able to voice their opinions and expertise. Most are also realists, so not quite sure how that translates into the perception we are sticks in the mud and don't get out much??? Thanks for the analysis Dr. Phil.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Thanks Quig!

I'm not too concerned if anyone 'likes' them other than my friend. She does so that's good enough for me!

I do agree red and blue would have been a more vibrant contrast and did suggest it, but it was ultimately up to her. The cool thing about the purple is that it changes hue depending on the angle. In some lights it looks red, in others it is quite pink.

As for looking like a defect... I don't know about that. That would be a lot of ignorance in a row to make it to being a finished product.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Hey quince I didn't mean to sound critical. Love stuff like this and like you we will do anything weird and wonderful to produce the right pair of glasses or sunglasses for our customers. It's a cool idea you came up with. We've also done striped mirrors before (gold top, silver bottom for example)

Occupation
    I originally posted on here for criticism of what I was doing, having not made anything like this before. I wanted to give a follow up so that I can easily reference this job in the future.

I certainly didn't expect to wow anyone on here but I like sharing

No offense taken from any of the posts. I'm glad people are interested enough to give input!

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Quig View Post

You will soon realize that trying to push production to do things out of the norm will cause you more headaches and **** off your customer's more than make them happy. Keep up that attitude though, someone has to take care of the crazy ones out there :p

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    You will soon realize that trying to push production to do things out of the norm will cause you more headaches and **** off your customer's more than make them happy. Keep up that attitude though, someone has to take care of the crazy ones out there :p
    Count me in for taking care of the crazies too! Life is so much more interesting that way.

Banned
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar View Post
    Lol, I'm a small independent shop. I AM production. And I don't mind being pushed because I know how happy I make my customers when I do all the things nobody else wants to do for the reasons you just typed up. And, we've been around 38 years.... I guess I'll learn your way someday down the road.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGREEN View Post
    Us, here in America, have NO, yes I yelled it, and will again, NO!! favorite NFL mascot! Not until they get off their damn knees.

Optiboard isn't the place to discuss your issues with the NFL bud, get a grip.

Thread Information