Thread: posting Eyemed disbursements in epm

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

posting Eyemed disbursements in epm

Good Morning!
    We are new to Eyemed and are having a difficult time figuring out how to post Eyemed disbursements in our EPM because of chargebacks. Eyemed takes the chargebacks out of the reimbursements and sometimes that is spread out over several patients . Any suggestions are appreciated! Afraid our accountant is going to be very confused at year end! I know we are! Our EPM is NexGen.
    Thanks!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    What makes Eyemed even more fun to post is that if the EOB is a STMT then it's going to show up on a later DX (If you look at the EOB ID it will start with one of those 2). I only post the DX EOBs as they seem to be the finalized claim (even though the amount from the STMT listing doesn't change). Like you said I sometimes have the same claim show up on 2 or 3 STMTs and it sometimes takes 3-4 months from the first time a claim show up on a STMT until it is finalized on a DX.
    It is an accounting nightmare that Eyemed needs to stop, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by jpways View Post
    What makes Eyemed even more fun to post is that if the EOB is a STMT then it's going to show up on a later DX (If you look at the EOB ID it will start with one of those 2). I only post the DX EOBs as they seem to be the finalized claim (even though the amount from the STMT listing doesn't change). Like you said I sometimes have the same claim show up on 2 or 3 STMTs and it sometimes takes 3-4 months from the first time a claim show up on a STMT until it is finalized on a DX.
    It is an accounting nightmare that Eyemed needs to stop, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    Nightmare is right! I have several coworkers who are at their limit over this. They care very much that things are posted correctly and cannot figure out the best way to do that. We are considering VSP and praying it is easier to deal with.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by tolpuppy View Post
    We are considering VSP and praying it is easier to deal with.
    VSP is FAR from perfect but they are infinitely better than Eyemed in every single way.

Thread Information