Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Seiko FSV 1.74 Transitions 7 discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Seiko FSV 1.74 Transitions 7 discontinued?

Are Seiko FSV 1.74 Transitions 7 with AR discontinued?
    If they are not what is the least expensive source to buy them?

There are still available to my account and the only one at that. Therefore least expensive option. For me it is about half of what I would pay for my outside lab to do it and fairly comparable to what I would pay to make it myself and send it out for AR.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

ABB still has them listed.

EDIT: When I try to put one in my shopping cart the website says they are "obsolete and unavailable." Seems like an unnecessarily rude way to say "discontinued."
      I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

I have no problem adding it through Opticom so I called and the Seiko customer service and they said they are selling out of what they have. I expressed my concern with them being the only vendor and she said she believes they are reconfiguring the AR... translation: it will probably become available through Hoya as a Sensity EX3 for 3 times the cost. Thanks Hoya, for ruining another good thing.

Either way, I guess it's good to know and keep in mind- whatever is left is still available.
        Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

No good!
          I wonder why there is no other vendor has it!?!?!?
          Even Essilor! :)

Comment

Originally posted by LENNY View Post
            No good!
            I wonder why there is no other vendor has it!?!?!?
            Even Essilor! :)
            'Cuz they can charge a bunch for surfacing it and applying AR and not have to hope they can sell the large number of lenses they would have to make to fill out a 1.74 power grid.

Comment

Originally posted by Quince View Post
              I have no problem adding it through Opticom so I called and the Seiko customer service and they said they are selling out of what they have. I expressed my concern with them being the only vendor and she said she believes they are reconfiguring the AR... translation: it will probably become available through Hoya as a Sensity EX3 for 3 times the cost. Thanks Hoya, for ruining another good thing.

Either way, I guess it's good to know and keep in mind- whatever is left is still available.
              Bahahaha exactly. Thank Hoya for being such a good ally. It will be 4 times the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                'Cuz they can charge a bunch for surfacing it and applying AR and not have to hope they can sell the large number of lenses they would have to make to fill out a 1.74 power grid.
                Truth. And honestly, it seems like one of those products that can't possibly have enough demand to merit stock supply.
                I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Working...
                X