Thread: Stock Lens Ordering System

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Stock Lens Ordering System

Hi all,

We currently use DVI's RxWizard to order our stock lenses, but our new IT company hates it. Do you know of any resources/sites/software for order stock lenses? We mainly use Pech.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    We were using
    Optilens.com
    but I am also in TX and we've recently switched over to
    OptilensUSA.com

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    I loathe DVI, but we use it for our digital orders. I use Opticom for finished stock and semi-finished for in-house processing. It is more universal- I order from about four vendors almost daily and nine different companies semi-regularly.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks. That might be an option if my IT guys force it, but I am a lot bigger and scarier than they are. It would also require me to switch labs for stock and I'd make them pay the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Quince View Post
    I loathe DVI, but we use it for our digital orders. I use Opticom for finished stock and semi-finished for in-house processing. It is more universal- I order from about four vendors almost daily and nine different companies semi-regularly.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpcbb View Post
    Thanks. That might be an option if my IT guys force it, but I am a lot bigger and scarier than they are. It would also require me to switch labs for stock and I'd make them pay the difference.
    We have a FSV program but it's mostly for smaller retailers. You build your own menu of lens types and materials and then enter the Sph/Cyl , pick the lens type and it posts it to a standard grid, a separate one for each lens type. For the inexperienced lab tech they can optionally enter the PD and frame dimensions and it will give a minimum blank size. We are thinking of writing a deluxe version where you enter your starting inventory and as you use a lens it is deducted from you inventory. A Min/Max would also be available and it would give you a re order grid when you get to the Min to send to your supplier, preferably us. Would like input as to interest before we start. The standard version is available for a 30 day trial at no charge. Call if you want a disk. 800-543-7376 Ask for Don.

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Silver Supporter
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Gilman View Post
    We have a FSV program but it's mostly for smaller retailers. You build your own menu of lens types and materials and then enter the Sph/Cyl , pick the lens type and it posts it to a standard grid, a separate one for each lens type. For the inexperienced lab tech they can optionally enter the PD and frame dimensions and it will give a minimum blank size. We are thinking of writing a deluxe version where you enter your starting inventory and as you use a lens it is deducted from you inventory. A Min/Max would also be available and it would give you a re order grid when you get to the Min to send to your supplier, preferably us. Would like input as to interest before we start. The standard version is available for a 30 day trial at no charge. Call if you want a disk. 800-543-7376 Ask for Don.
    Come on, a little input here. What would you like to see in a program for re ordering finished lenses?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Optometrist
    Wasn't there a guy in here some time ago marketing a product that allowed the user to communicate every detail to the lab?

Thread Information