Thread: How are your frame boards organized?

OptiBoard Professional
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

How are your frame boards organized?

Here's a fun little lighthearted topic of discussion. How do you keep your boards organized in your office? Men's/women's? Plastic/metal? Brand name? Colors? Do you mix in sunwear or keep those separate?

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    I keep men's and women's separate with an area that is unisex. My board is mostly by vender but I like having a few mixed up. A lot of times people stay away from the brands because they don't want the "cost" of a brand. Most often they find it mixed in and like the style and buy it anyway. I have an area for suns, but also mix a few into the frames too to remind people of suns.

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper they don't want the "cost" of a brand ..............................

Quote Originally Posted by mervinek View Post

A lot of times people stay away from the brands because they don't want the "cost" of a brand.

.................a very interesting sentence in above post.

That means that the optical brands have made their impact on the population and some people already shy away from buying them.

Most optical frames are made from and with the same materials as all the others, so the increased cost is blamed on the brand.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post

That means that the optical brands have made their impact on the population and some people already shy away from buying them.

Most optical frames are made from and with the same materials as all the others, so the increased cost is blamed on the brand.
    You never know with people. People are weird. Some come in looking for a brand and some are not. I find to have some displayed together helps the ones that are, and to have some mixed around helps the ones that are not. It's so funny to hear people saying they "don't need a brand!" and then end up picking a brand. As you know most frames have their name somewhere on it. Usually the ones saying they don't want a brand are saying that because they assume a certain cost and not so much because of the name.

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Womans & Mens separate, brands together with their collective sunglasses as well.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Optical Retail
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Ryser View Post

Sure sounds like educating the consumer, rather than surrendering to their lack of knowledge, is a big part of my job.
    I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    This is a great topic for me as I am a bit of an OCD frame board organizer. Iv'e got men's, women's, kid's, suns all organized by vendor, frame type (zyl, metal, grooved, drilled, etc.) and pay attention to color and frame placement. I like to put some color and fun where it can catch people's eyes. I don't have much board space and the office is very sleek so no POP either. I do sprinkle in some suns and funky clip options thru my regular boards as well. My main boards all flow to a large center mirror where I've got a good selling, higher priced line that works for many people on both sides. I also try to keep my vendors each to their products that work best and let eac one shine without poaching another line. Anyway thanks for letting me divulge my secret optical OCD trait.

OptiBoard Professional jrumbaug's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    4 ZONES VIA PRICE
    BUDGET
    ECONOMY
    CLASSSIC
    DESIGNER

Each zone is split into men and womens.
    Sunglasses on a rotator in the middle of the floor.

Thread Information