Thread: More Goblins

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

More Goblins

A different perspective. A lone hoodoo points towards Jupiter, red super giant Antares and the Rho Ophiuchi molecular cloud complex peeks in from the left, and soft green air glow contrasts the red sandstone of Goblin Valley State Park. Hoping to get back down there again this weekend for some more shots, and to work on polishing my foreground techniques further.

OptiBoardaholic OptiBoard Gold Supporter Mick's Avatar
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Beautiful picture as it is!

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Thanks Mick! I like the overall competition as well. As far as technique, it's a photographer thing I suppose. It's not heavily apparent on this one unless you blow up the image rather large, but with low light and high ISO settings you tend to get a lot of noise in the image. That's one of the things I'm working on reducing or eliminating if I can. The sky is OK too, but I'm always looking to try and squeeze just a little more detail, a few more stars, and maybe wring one or two more wispy bits of nebula out of it all when it's done.

When you take the image, and work on processing the data in post, one tends to see all the warts. It can be tough some times to just sit back and enjoy what you've captured. A the same time, I find the challenge of constantly working to improve the little details can be what separates the good shots from the really great ones! Thanks for looking!

Thread Information