Science or larceny ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science or larceny ?

Is this yet another new method to isolate the fool from his/her hard earned cash?

Neurolens and SightSync. Check it out here: https://www.neurolenses.com/
    Last edited by rbaker; 05-10-2018, 04:26 AM.
    Dick

www.aerovisiontech.com

Direct to consumer marketing and I haven't heard about it in any medical journal or even optiboard? I'll vote fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by rbaker View Post
      Is this yet another new method to isolate the fool fromhis/her hard earned cash?

Neurolens and SightSync. Check it out here: https://www.neurolenses.com/
      Science, but with a very small audience.

Science is a way of trying not to fool yourself. - Richard P. Feynman

Experience is the hardest teacher. She gives the test before the lesson.

Comment

I like how the first FAQ is "Why isn't this covered by insurance?"

This is what I found most interesting in figuring out what the lens does- since it is not spelled out for us:

"There are no known, lasting, negative side effects from using neurolenses; however, some patients may experience a slight disorientation the first time they try them on. Because neurolenses are adjusting the way your eyes communicate with your brain, they may take a short time to get used to. Once you have become accustomed to this change, there are no known, lasting, negative side effects. (The adaptation process is similar but may be stronger than that of adjusting to progressive lenses for the first time)."

.....what?

" When the misalignment is corrected with neurolenses, your visual system doesn’t need to work as hard, relieving your symptoms."

....ah-huh.
        Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Comment

Izon 2.0.
          I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

Dr. Karpecki is well published, so I respect his opinion.

To my knowledge, this is the first progressive prism lens. The theory behind the technology is sound. Time will tell if patients don't "eat" the prism and it loses effectiveness over time.

Comment

Originally posted by pknsbeans View Post
              Dr. Karpecki is well published, so I respect his opinion.

To my knowledge, this is the first progressive prism lens. The theory behind the technology is sound. Time will tell if patients don't "eat" the prism and it loses effectiveness over time.
              Holy crap! As if we ain't got enough "issues" with progressive lenses we are going to add prism to the equation.

Well, back in the day, we found that "SV computer lenses" with just a hint of prism were of no noticeable benefit to the patient. Didn't sell in subsequent glasses. Another corpse of road kill along the eye care highway.
              Dick

www.aerovisiontech.com

Comment

It looks from the website like you need to invest in a specialized piece of fitting equipment to dispense this lens. That's always a red flag for me.
                I'm Andrew Hamm and I approve this message.

Comment

It's crap. Don't worry.

Here's how you can tell, without even bothering to break it down:

"Neuro-" anything. Mysterious. Powerful. Scary.

The idea of progressive prism is neat, however. Is that do-able, now?

Comment

So is this just base in prism in the corridor and near? Wouldn't adjust the near PD with a variable inset progressive accomplish the same thing without the prism needed?

edit- the more I think about this the more wrong I think I am....

Comment

IMO it sounds useful for SV wearers that have binocular vision issues at near. Instead of prescribing an add power for someone with convergence excess/insufficiency and no accommodative issue, a progressive prism COULD be useful.

Comment

"Overstimulation of the trigeminal nerve...."
                        Last edited by Skol; 08-04-2020, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Is that Kodak progressive lens with the base in prism still made? I see many older patients with very high exophoria at near. Sometimes around 12-16 base in and clearly seen on a near cover test. So base in prism at near would be well tolerated.

Comment

Alright people..I was just informed that we may begin using this lens/instrument. Any updates...experiences?

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
                              It looks from the website like you need to invest in a specialized piece of fitting equipment to dispense this lens. That's always a red flag for me.
                              I think I still have a Grolman Fitting Device if anyone wants to fit AO Ultravue lenses.
                              Last edited by waynegilpin; 08-09-2020, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X