Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aspheric VS Double Aspheric Lenses - Which is better ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tallboy View Post
    Today I am wearing my Zeiss Double Aspheric 1.74 purecoat lenses I haven't worn in a year or so. Wow they are sharp. Not quite the peripheral clarity of my IOT FFSV, but darn close and the dead center of vision feels a little better. A great value when sourced as a finished stock lens. My RX is very close to the OP's description as well
    Great to know an actual user review here...

My customer wants to go with Nikon DAS Lenses which are quiet good - After hearing all of the above, i guess i will tell him to go with dual aspheric ! as i couldn't make out any conclusive dicision if he needs a dual AS or Not.

Comment

Originally posted by AngeHamm View Post
      Also, those cosmetics are nothing to sniff at when the power is in the higher pluses.
      Nobody cares about strong hyperopia in lens design. Could you imagine the results they could have via a dual surfaced digitally designed/customized/personalized/whateveristhenextized version of the lenses we will be able to get our hands on?

The best I've seen in this realm has been the zeiss individual 1.74 stuff. I heard hoya was doing it also in Trivex, but I never hung my hat on the Hoya wagon.

Maybe MakeOptics will have it in Poly? I'd be interested.

Does Seiko and their obvious close ties to M-Resins do that stuff? Just started using a lab in Pennsylvania that happens to do Seiko stuff

Also to the previous poster above who recommended talking to an ophthalmologist for recommendations on whether or not to use double aspheric sv lenses are you for real? That was a ruse or a joke right? I just got an RX today from an Ophthalmologist today that hand wrote a request for a D25. She had measured the lip of the bifocal.

Stay in your lane. Contacts are best for peripheral vision, made me become a much better basketball player immediately.
      Last edited by Tallboy; 03-31-2018, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tallboy View Post
        Today I am wearing my Zeiss Double Aspheric 1.74 purecoat lenses I haven't worn in a year or so. Wow they are sharp. Not quite the peripheral clarity of my IOT FFSV, but darn close and the dead center of vision feels a little better. A great value when sourced as a finished stock lens. My RX is very close to the OP's description as well
        Who sells these as stock lenses?

Comment

Originally posted by Neophyte Optician View Post
          Who sells these as stock lenses?
          Zeiss

Comment

Working...
          X