Thread: Aaaaargh!

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Aaaaargh!

I am auditioning a few new ones to replace one I had been with for 10 years because they were getting spotty

In the last two days I have recieved from one of my wholesale labs 1 pair Gradient polarized lenses with the Right OC surfaced in the dark area and the Left OC surfaced in the light area at the bottom. One pair Auto III lenses ordered polycarbonate where the right lens was CR39 (with a poly engraving) and the left lens was poly (powder everywhere in the edger) and one pair st28 ordered 4.5 Base Out prism where the right lens has it ground Base UP.

I know it gets hard in wholesale labs sometimes, I feel for you guys I really do but

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	13822

Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    This sounds incredibly frustrating, on the bright side, maybe I see some free lab vouchers coming your way?

Time for a new lab.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Master OptiBoarder
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Free lab vouchers not worth it. I worked in a lab. I know it can be hard sometimes and everyone is human and makes mistakes. That being said you get to a point where it starts to affect your business. One or two is one thing but several is a whole other problem. When I got stuck in that situation I called and spoke to the manager. Basically gave them a warning and another shot. After that they sent me an order in the wrong frame. Dropped them quick and got another lab. I never looked back. Great decision.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    If you are looking for a recommendation- Cherry.

They are not perfect- no lab is, but they are NO hassle, fast, and very well priced. That being said, it does not compromise their quality. We get mistakes here and there, but nothing that has us looking elsewhere. *cough* Hoya *cough*

Good luck!
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Thread Information