Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell me on selling blue light filtered lenses....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The AREDS study only showed that about 25% of moderate ARMD patients showed less progression, compared to control.

You don't have moderate ARMD. Ergo, that study has no bearing on you.

In your case, you have a positive family history. There have been no longitudinal studies to suggest that the Preservision formula in any way reduces the incidence of ARMD in any population.

You're just throwing your money away, unless you have some reason to "believe in it", which is not scientific. Your OD should know this.

It's not UNREASONABLE, in my view, to take the less expensive, less potentially toxic "Over 50" formulations that include lutein as a supplement, or as a component of a 50+ multivitamin (which is another can of worms), if you want to race ahead of the science.

It's like this blue blocker stuff. We need studies, not soft-headedness.

Comment

I'm going to just include a hazmat suit and helmet with every blue blocker purchase just in case. Covers ALL bases.
      Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Comment

Originally posted by King of the Lab View Post
        I'm going to just include a hazmat suit and helmet with every blue blocker purchase just in case. Covers ALL bases.
        ...Or at least a 50 ft roll of bubble wrap - patient sized. Just be sure to 'wrap' the added upcharge into the lens cost! ;)

Comment

Well said. Listen to him....this time.

edit: I was reffering to DrKs response just above about AREDS, Post 76, forgot to click reply with quote.

Comment

I'm...honored.

I'm just glad I set your optician straight on this matter, FJP.

Comment

all this discussion about blocking blue light is BS ...............................

all this discussion about blocking blue light is BS of the smaller or larger variation.

There are variations that want it and that do not.....................

However blue blocking lenses actually do increase the vision of contrast, specially on water and on snow, and that is a proven fact. and has been valid for 25 years.

Check the spectrometer absorption : http://www.optochemicals.com/blueb_transmission.htm

Comment

Working...
              X