Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Video Games, do you play them too?

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    Optical Laboratory Technician
    Horizon Zero Dawn looks awesome. That's been on my list of ones to pick up whenever I see a good deal.

I've been thinking about going back to Skyrim, but I think I'm going to start Fallout New Vegas instead

Sad thing is... I still have soooo much to do in Fallout 3! The fact that the DLCs double the game play is both a blessing and a curse!
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

Occupation
    Yeah, I have Fallout 76 pre-ordered, I've never played any of the other ones.

I game share with another one of my friends on xbox which is really cool because whatever game he or I download, we both get them. And he lives in Chicago, such a fantastic program by Microsoft.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Ghost in the OptiMachine Quince's Avatar
    Occupation
    I tried to start with New Vegas years ago but there is no guidance. You just start. Having never played before, I switched to 3 which is much better at giving a proper intro to the game style.

Think Skyrim but with guns and tech instead of magic. Also the load screens are soooo much faster. Probably because there is slightly less to interact with. Personally, I enjoy Skyrim much more- mostly because it is a little more light-hearted / not as jumpy.
    Have I told you today how much I hate poly?

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Other Eyecare-Related Field
    Ok, so my son has a legitimate addiction to Fortnite... any recommendations on treatment/video game therapy? haha
    I am a Pediatric Occupational Therapy Assistant working with children who have vision problems. Hoping to connect, share, learn and grow with other eyecare professionals.

OptiBoard Apprentice
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    The only thing that works is learning the game yourself, joining every game he is in, and killing him. After about 20 games of him being killed at the start he'll never play again.

Or, you know, unplug the internet and gift him a soccer ball.

OptiBoard Novice
    Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Beeped View Post
    The only thing that works is learning the game yourself, joining every game he is in, and killing him. After about 20 games of him being killed at the start he'll never play again.

Or, you know, unplug the internet and gift him a soccer ball.
    Hahaha.. I guess with Christmas coming up I'll try a soccer ball. Fingers crossed.
    I am a Pediatric Occupational Therapy Assistant working with children who have vision problems. Hoping to connect, share, learn and grow with other eyecare professionals.

Occupation
    There are parentalcontrol options installed on the actual Xbox, but this is limited to someone tech savvy most likely.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    2 Words: APEX LEGENDS!!!!!!

It's free across all platforms, and its awesome. Is anyone playing?
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    My friends and I are loving Apex Legends. I also just switched over from console to pc and it has been AMAZING!

Occupation
    Sadly, I cannot keep up with the PC requirements that PC games demand now and days. I bet the graphics are so much better.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Currently playing:

World War Z

Excellent team based game, reminds me of Left for Dead crossed with the 3rd person views of Division 2. Oh, and holy crap, never knew a zombie could run that fast. A blast to play sober or not.

Apex Legends

Still solid, even months after the release, well balanced classes & weapons, season pass, looking forward to possible additional content.

Assassins Creed Odyssey

I did not play AC Orgins, I heard they had changed the gameplay mechanics, but if AC Odyssey is anything like AC Orgins then I will have to go back and get that too, Amazing, I mean amazing, story line, mechanics, super awesome, and just overall a well done game. This came out in October 2018, I usually buy AC games later when they go on sale, had I known how cool this actually was, it would have been an instant purchase.

All games I played were on Xbox One.

IGN: Jet x420
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Star Wars Fallen Order

Going to start it tonight and see how it is.

This is EA's last chance to get a Star Wars game correct.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Still playing R6 and Rocket League. Also have been really enjoying Divinity 2. I played once through by myself on PC and now I am doing a play through with some friends on PC and even bought it on PS4 so I can play with my wife.

Occupation
    Hey all, this is my first post on the forum. Video games caught my eye so I thought I'd put in my two cents since I saw "Fallout" and I love that series. I replay Fallout 4 constantly and watch a bunch of settlement building tutorials on YouTube. I also recently got into Outer Worlds and Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC.

Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Play them? No, Never! I had to grow up years ago leave the nest get a full time job and start providing for my family. Life is real, it is not a game. Games are for those who are afraid of being adults and assuming a mortgage, car payment, having their own electric bill in their name, pay property taxes, car insurance, have children and go to parent teacher meetings, provide family insurance....the list can go on for ever.
    As a kid I used to enjoy racing dirt bikes, as time passed I realized that eventually we all had to grow up and quit playing in the dirt and get a real bike and ride on the asphalt like grown adults do.
    OK....I am finished venting. Jumping off my stump now.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Quote Originally Posted by CCGREEN View Post
    Play them? No, Never! I had to grow up years ago leave the nest get a full time job and start providing for my family. Life is real, it is not a game. Games are for those who are afraid of being adults and assuming a mortgage, car payment, having their own electric bill in their name, pay property taxes, car insurance, have children and go to parent teacher meetings, provide family insurance....the list can go on for ever.
    As a kid I used to enjoy racing dirt bikes, as time passed I realized that eventually we all had to grow up and quit playing in the dirt and get a real bike and ride on the asphalt like grown adults do.
    OK....I am finished venting. Jumping off my stump now.

Seems a bit unnecessary. I pay all my bills including mortgage and car payment and enjoy playing games in my down time. Times change.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by kg.egereye View Post
    Hey all, this is my first post on the forum. Video games caught my eye so I thought I'd put in my two cents since I saw "Fallout" and I love that series. I replay Fallout 4 constantly and watch a bunch of settlement building tutorials on YouTube. I also recently got into Outer Worlds and Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC.
    Welcome to Optiboard!

Did you think Fallout 4 was the weakest of the series?

Also, how much better is RDR2 on pc??
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledzinator View Post
    Seems a bit unnecessary. I pay all my bills including mortgage and car payment and enjoy playing games in my down time. Times change.
    I'm gonna be old af and still play video games.

I may not play as much as I could when I was a young adult, so I understand what green is saying. But maybe I don't have as much responsibility as he does.

I am conquering life the best way I can, but I will never ever put down the controller.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    Thanks! And well.. I did it backwards. I started with Fallout 4. I had always heard about the Fallout games and never played them. Went to "The Exchange" one day and decided to give it a try. And, I played it for hours on end. When I bought Fallout 4, it came with a free copy of Fallout 3 on the disk. So, I played that and being that I started with 4, I was spoiled and wanted the gun, armor, workshop customization again, so I switched back. Later on I picked up New Vegas and played that for a bit too. Started researching the earlier ones on PC and started playing fallout 1 and 2.. but then drifted back to 4 again. I love 4 and can play that anytime anyday.

RDR2 is amazing on PC, I am so glad I bought a PC to play it on. I also have Fallout 4 on my PC. It's a night and day difference between PC and Xbox One. I play occasionally, I'll go through spurts where I play for weeks straight after work and then I don't touch games for a good month. It just depends on my mood and schedule.

Bad address email on file
    Occupation
    Optical Retail
    I like to play gta san andreas

Occupation
    Does anyone have an Occulus Quest or another Occulus product?

Poke VR fillsthe time very well, and its a lot of fun.
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    No VR yet but someday. I have been really enjoying Valorant and messing around with my friends on GTA since it went free on epic.

Occupation
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledzinator View Post
    No VR yet but someday. I have been really enjoying Valorant and messing around with my friends on GTA since it went free on epic.
    I have been playing Red Dead Online as of last week.

I am having more fun playing that online than GTA currently.

My brother plays VALORANT, I don't think its out for consoles though....
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

Occupation
    AVENGERS game just dropped, who's got it?

I played for 3 hours last night, decent content. Hulk so far is my favorite to play with.

HULK SMASH!!
    Erik Zuniga, ABOC.

OptiWizard
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Rocket League just went free to play. Its really fun if you haven't tried it.

Thread Information