Thread: Why can't I get that?

OptiBoardaholic
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician

Why can't I get that?

I went into a Bon Look store and they had great frames that were around $100.00, Warbly Parker has nice frames and lenses included $150.00.
    I know they source the frames in China. Is there not a frame distributor that operates in Canada that I can get the same nice styles at a reasonable price. Getting frustrated with the big frames guys and the inflated prices. Anything nice from them needs to be retailed at $300 bucks and up. Any suggestions?

Master OptiBoarder OptiBoard Gold Supporter
    Occupation
    Dispensing Optician
    Check out Modern optical, I don't know if they are in canada. I've used them as our budget line for a while, but some of their handmade zyls and titanium frames are getting nicer and nicer. Almost TOO nice for my budget rack

Manuf. Lens Surface Treatments
    Occupation
    Other Optical Manufacturer or Vendor

Blue Jumper It is all those offers to the public of extra extended warranties...................

Quote Originally Posted by haliopt View Post

Anything nice from them needs to be retailed at $300 bucks and up. Any suggestions?

Have you ever asked one of them for how much they would sell their frames, without anything more than the manufacturer's warranty and freeby returns to the suppliers, is now added into the original selling prices and raises the basic selling prices by about 30%.

So the optician has to sell at $ 300 bucks and up in order to stay in the market, while the online opticals charge even less and only cover manufacturers warranties against defective materials or workmanship.

At some point the public will also smarten up and not fall for those warranties anymore.

Thread Information